From: Mark Hopkins [mailto:Mark.Hopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 10:29 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: DNS Restart After ISA Server Reboot

http://www.ISAserver.org

I never said that DNS stops. I merely stated that I must "restart" DNS
(sometimes) after either restarting ISA services or rebooting the ISA Server
server. At present, my setup is as follows:

(1) DNS Server on PDC (Active Directory/Windows 2000 Server)

(2) ISA Server (member server/Windows 2003 Standard) Integrated Mode, but
not array.

It seems fairly simple. DNS does not stop internally, but only when
attempting to resolve a FQDN outside of the internal network.

Thanks for your help John.

Mark

  _____