RE: DCOM error on SMTP relay server ? Message screener problem

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:07:34 -0700

Hi Thomas,

It actually installed the management console and had a default web site
loaded as well!
I had to disable socket pooling on the w3wvc1 and when trying to utilize
the same vbs script
To disable socket pooling on the smtpsvc it would not work! Kept on
erroring out.
So, I had to install metaedit 2.2 and disable socket pooling with that
tool. My setup actually works now
And even have the IIS on the same box, I've just stop the default web
site from running
And then, delete all admin scripts, help virtual folders etc.

I understand about versioning and it gets difficult keeping up with the
many changes.  It's just that if you ask how many have gone to 2003, the
percentage Will be lower then expected when running 2003 and like all
good techs we jump into 2003 with ISA and then 2003 with ISA2004 etc.
I'm just running 2003 in test right now. You can't really be telling me
you're running 2003 with ISA2004 in production are you!!<grin>

Thank you,

Joseph