RE: Connection Issue

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:57:10 -0700

All I know is I am seeing Holes.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You

www.eservicesforyou.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Poole [mailto:EPoole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 5:59 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Connection Issue

http://www.ISAserver.org

Here's the situation.  I'm trying to trouble shoot a web connection issue.
Supposedly, our ISA server has a hole in our PIX firewall.  Yet, when I make
a specific protocol rule (internal ip - any) it doesn't work.  On the other
hand, if our network team gives another workstation a hole, it works fine.
If they both have a hole, why the difference???  Another example,
workstation with hole was able to ping out, ISA could not.  After a good
half hour of our network team looking at the PIX acl, ISA was able to ping
out again.  I think I pretty much know the answer to my questions, but
wanted to bounce it off a third party.  Also, I don't mean to sound bitter.
:-)  Final question, how many of you have ISA behind another firewall?
Thanks in advance.

Eric Poole

IS Security Analyst

 <http://communitymedical.org/> Community Medical Centers

1140 "T" Street, Fresno, California  93721

559-459-6784 (phone)  559-459-2045 (fax)