RE: Configurig ISA to Access through a USB ADSL dial up Modem

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:06:44 -0500

First of all, if it's the only NIC on the box you'll only be able to use the
web proxy.  You'll need at least 2 NICs to use it as a firewall, 3 if you
want a DMZ segment.  Sounds to me like this is what you want to do.  In that
case, you would simply want to configure your ADSL connection as the
external interface and whatever your other NIC is as your internal interface
during ISA setup.  Give your internal NIC a private address and put that
subnet in your LAT (should get detected during setup).  That's about it.
After that you need to determine which rules you want to put in place to
implement your security policy.  Go to http://www.isaserver.org for a long
list of fine tutorials.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx