RE: Computer Name

  • From: "Ratz, Thomas (US - Hermitage)" <tratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:14:11 -0500

I attempted to change the computer name of an ISA box; it did not go well.
While ISA Services ran, the "Computer" item was "x"'d out in the control
panel.
No registry modifications are made to reflect a computer name change.
Additionally, I renamed the machine back to the original name, and all was
well again.

Thank you.

Thomas Ratz
Sr. Information Security Analyst