[isalist] Re: Cisco --> ISA

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <Andrew.Hodgson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:06:32 +0000

Hi,

Certainly on the ASA box you can assign the outside interface to a range
of IP addresses, then use static NAT to ensure that the web server on
the inside is presented on the outside using a specific IP address.  I
have no idea whether you can do this on an ISA box.  You can do this on
an ASA 5505 with a base license (i.e, without any license at all), what
you can however not do is to use the DMZ functions of the ASA device,
i.e, have multiple VLANs with different security levels etc.

Andrew.

  _____