Checkpoint VPN client

  • From: Christian.Schramm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:27:28 +0200

Dear list,

A customer of us uses Checkpoint firewall and corresponding VPN client for
roadwarriors. Now our company needs access to their internal network. I have
two ideas how to accomplish this:

(1) Install the chekpoint VPN client on internal clients and let them access
the customers Checkpoint with ISA Firewall client.
(2) Create a VPN connection directly from the ISA server.

I know it is very important to know what kind of VPN protocol they are using
(L2TP / PPTP / IPSEC / proprietary Checkpoint) but unfortuantely I don't
know it yet. I just want to hear some comments if above points might be
possible to get up and running. Maybe someone in this list has any
experience with Checkpoint?

Greets,

Christian