RE: Change IP Address of VPN

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:21:38 -0500

Hi William,

Nope. You can call the 3rd address, but "most of the time" the responses
will come back from the primary IP address. Check out my articles
regarding NLB and VPN over at www.isaserver.org. That's why you could
only use Win2k and WinXP pre-SP1 as VPN clients, because the connecting
IP address and the response IP address was different.

Good new. *Maybe* fixed in Win2k SP4. DEFINITELY fixed in Win2003.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>