Cache Filtering

  • From: Moto Tohda <m-tohda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:57:13 -0400

Hi all, (somehow the message didn't go through the first time..)

I need to see the specific site which gets frequently updated.
However, since HTTP caching sets TTL to be expired less frequently, the newly updated file cannot be checked.

Let's assume the site I don't want to be cached is www.nocache.com.

I created the destination set with: *.nocache.com

Then, I created a Routing Rule with the specific destination set. For Cache Tab, Search cache for: A valid version of the object: ..... Cache content: No content will ever be cached.

So I set this as the first order in the Routing Rule and applied.

Am I missing any steps because the client is still looking at the cache.
Do I have to actually delete cache in order to get this going? (probably the object is still valid....)
I did temporary set HTTP caching to expire immediately so the cache won't be valid..maybe not enough?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Moto