Re: Cable modem problem

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:08:50 -0400

Cable modem problemIt's very easy to have ISA grab and IP from the cable ISP, I
wouldn't bother asking for a static IP unless you are prepared to listen to
there garble.
I use ISA to get IP for ISP, then using NAT and DHCP I assign ip's to my
internal computers as required.
It's all quite easy and painless.
I use our script to drop my IP and renew it from my ISP every 24 hours. This
keeps me and my cable internet idiots happy.

Let me know if you need any help

Mark S