Boku upstream unavailable alerts

I am getting monstrous numbers of 'The Web Proxy service detected that the
upstream proxy 'xxxx' is not available.' alerts, sometimes in the
neighborhood of 10 / second.  It mostly happens around lunch which is of
course the busiest time for the proxy.  Anyone know exactly fires those
events?  Is it simply a failed connection when trying to forward a request
or what?  Do I need to tune the ip stack on the box maybe?  Nobody's griping
about degraded services (thank God), but I want to fix the problem so that
it doesn't escalate into end-user-griping.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT7
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx