RE: Blocking Peer-to-peer file sharing application (kaZaa)

  • From: "Edward Smith" <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:17:12 -0700

Kenny,

My office actually tried blocking ports to stop Kazaa, but since
internet access is allowed it wound up going through 80. I am willing to
admit that I have less experience with ISA than many who post here, so
if you have a method of port blocking that is effective at killing Kazaa
I am willing to listen and learn. I can say that the method we used
worked, but I had not thought of renaming the exe and testing it.
Evidently, the user hadn't either. If I have some time this afternoon
I'm going to try that, if you're interested I can let you know the
result.

Edward Smith
Cerebix
esmith@xxxxxxxxxxx
11003 118th Pl NE
Kirkland WA 98033
(425) 576-1822

This email and any attachment contain information which is private and
confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an
addressee, you are not authorized to read, copy or use this email or any
attachment. If you have received this email in error, please destroy it
and notify the sender by return email.