RE: Blocked by the HTTP Security filter: URL contains '.' in the path

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:37:01 -0700

Hello Jim,
This is a sample of logs when I hit yahoo.com. I have enabled http
filter in my rule. The check box that says "block response containing
windows executable files is on" and also the one that says "block
request containing ambiguous windows extensions"
If I disable the second check box, every thing works fine and I also did
a test trying to download an exe file and (obviously) first check box
blocked it. English is not my first language and Tom's book does not
cover much about second option. So I take a guess "ambiguous" means
Doubtful or uncertain! And general rule is better to block it. This
happens on most of well known domains including but not limited to
yahoo.com, ebay.com, aa.com, homedepot.com, expedia.com, paypal.com and
so on.
Thank you some much for input