From: "Fares Rihani" <Fares@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 21:26
Subject: [isalist] Best - ISA server setup (member server)

http://www.ISAserver.org

Ok,
This may seem like a trivial question but I want to get this right "the
first time around."

I have two windows 2000 servers ready for configuration. One is already set
up as the Domain Controller, with Active Directory, WINS, DNS server,
Exchange, DHCP etc. server, according to isaserver tutorials (thanks for the
gerat work). The uplink to the internet was not connected. (necessary?) The
second server will become the ISA server.

Here is the problem: I am not sure how to bring the ISA server into the
Domain as a "member-server" as suggested. I am familiar with ISA and DNS
(seems fine)
But i cannot get the ISA server to connect to the domain. [RPC server is
unavailable]

There is an A record on the DNS server pointed to the isa host.
DNS/GW IP is configured as provided in tutorials.

What am i doing wrong here?

thanks in advance.

.frihani