RE: Bandwidth Policies in ISA Server 2004

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:59:25 +1100

This was answered only a couple of days ago. The answer is no it doesn't
support this. It was removed as a function. In which case you would need some
third party app to be able to do it.

Jim followed up with the following:

1. BW controls in ISA 2000 didn't do what everyone expected, although
they did do what they were designed to.
2. Since the BW controls in ISA 2000 were a "non-standard mechanism",
they didn't play well in the traffic control space
3. there wasn't time to build in an industry standard mechanism before
ISA 2004 shipped, so it hit the gates without anything.
4. Branch Office Updates (coming to a download site RSN) adds Diffserv;
a mature, industry-standard traffic control mechanism.

Greg Mulholland