RE: Back to back DMZ Exchange and SMTP relay

Hi Winston,

Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing. But if you want to put
an SMTP relay on the DMZ that relays inbound and outbound mail, and an
Exchange Server on the internal network, there is NOTHING to prevent it
from working. That's why its always works :-)

Putting Exchange in the DMZ does NOT work, because you've just exposed
your user accounts and internal security zone to the public, and you
certianly do *not* want to do that!

Your setup may have factors outside of these very basic constraints.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>