RE: Back to back DMZ Exchange and SMTP relay

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:42:31 -0500

Hi Gillain,

They might be a problem with the Server Publishing Rule on the internal
ISA Server. Here's what I do when this kind of thing happens:

Run NetMon on the SMTP Relay

Run NetMon on the external interface of the internal ISA Server

Run NetMon on the Exchange Server on the internal network

If the packets make it to the Exchange Server, it indicates an Exchange
config problem -- then John Tolmachoff will have to take over, becuase I
only understand the very basics of Exchange :)

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>