RE: B2B DMZ - ISA and Exchange 2k (OWA)

  • From: "Gillian Cook" <gcook@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:39:42 -0500

Thanks for info Tom and confirmation.

Another follow-up.

But what about OWA on the Ex2k server (no FE BE involved)?  Currently,
we've got OWA published in working order with a single ISA server.

What steps would need to be done (in a B2B DMZ setup) to access
(publish) the internal web site (OWA)?   I'm still unclear about that.
I understand that web and server publishing rules are used for granting
access in and protocol rules are used for access out.  I'm not sure how
this corresponds in the Back to Back DMZ config with OWA on the internal
network.  How does the External ISA server know how to get to the
internal network to find the OWA server in the web publishing rule?

Am I missing something obvious?

TIA,
Gillian Cook