[isalist] Auto detect proxy & site content rule problem

  • From: "Nathan" <nathanjsimpson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:14:01 +1100

Hi,

There is a 'Join a Meeting' button on the http://www.gotomeeting.com website.

When we hard code our proxy server into our browser, either IE7 or IE6 all with
latest patches, we can download the software and are prompted with a box to
provide the meeting ID.

If we have our browser set to 'Automatically detect settings' we can bring up
the first page (www.gotomeeting.com) without an issue but when we click on the
'Join a Meeting' button we get an 'Internet Explorer cannot display the
webpage' message and any webpages we try to access after this fail,

Looking in the ISA Logs it shows I fail to connect to,
http://col.gotomeeting.com, and it is being blocked by a Site and Content Rule
that uses the 'Banned Advertisement Sites Starter Pack (2238 sites)' from
Steve's website. We do have redirection set for this rule but the page isn't
redirected. And I have searched the DS but I can't find an entry that would be
blocking.

So I did some more testing. If I disable the Site and Content rule which
contains the DS and have 'Automatically detect settings' enabled I can access
the site without a problem and with the Site and Content Rule enabled and a
hard coded proxy address I can still access the website. But with the
Site/Content Rule enabled and 'Auto detect settings' in IE I can't get access.

Running WinXP SP2 with all latest patches. ISA Server 2000 running on Windows
2000 also with all latest patches.

I hope the above makes sense.

Thanks

Regards,