[isalist] Auto Discovery using NS6300

  • From: "Peter Hotchkiss" <peter.hotchkiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:38:25 -0400

I know wpad etc. have been discussed frequently here so please indulge me if
this is a repeat question.  I've been reading several articles from
isaserver.org and previous email threads but cannot find this answer.

I have a Network Engines NS6300 which runs ISA 2004 on Win2003 SP1.
According to Configuring Automatic Discovery for ISA Server Clients
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_Automatic_Discovery_for_ISA_Server_Clients.html
need to publish the auto discovery information from the ISA server.  Problem
is the Auto Discovery tab is missing from my server.  I assume this is part
of the Network Engines design.  If so where can I find a sample wpad file
that I can customize and make available to clients from another server?
Once I have the file in place actually one for each DHCP scope.  I can use
DHCP to point the client to the file correct? To clarify.  I only need to
use DHCP to inform the client where to find the wpad file and not both DNS
and DHCP correct?  I want to put different ISA server info in separate wpad
files for each office.

Thanks for any info.

Peter Hotchkiss