RE: Authentication

  • From: "Horn, Phillip - Technician" <phorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:36:40 -0400

Phil,
In order to make sure authentication takes place, you will want to have the
'Ask unauthenticated users for ID' checked.  This will make sure nobody can
accidentally gain access through anonymous means.
As far as I've figured, in order to have digest authentication working, you
have to have integrated authentication as well.  This may not be the case,
however, because Digest auth. is only supposed to work with a 2000 DC, and
I'm running on an NT4 DC with a 2k BDC as the ISA.  It will work for me when
I have integrated + digest, but with just digest, I get the password prompt
3x, then am denied.  Note that I always have 'Ask unauthenticated users for
ID' checked.
I don't know if this will help you, but hopefully it will.
Thanks,
Phillip