RE: Authentication

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:58:05 -0500

Hi Nathan,

It looks like the Web server that the users connect to is behind the pix
packet filter. Then the Web server connection needs to connect to the
SQL database, and the SQL database is behind the pix packet filter and
the ISA firewall. Is that correct? So, the SQL server is acting as a
back-end database server for the Web site?

In that case, create a Server Publsihing rule on the ISA firewall to
publish the SQL protocol (and make sure your name resolution
infrastructure is correct) and make sure the packet filters on the pix
packet filter are configured to allow incoming SQl protocol connections
through to the ISA firewall.

HTH,