Access to WindowsUpdate & OfficeUpdate website

  • From: jperez@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:04:05 -0600

Hello, I need to create a site and content rule for access only to
WindowsUpdate and Office Update web page for some restricted users. I
create a rule with this sites and Ip's:

*.microsoft.com,
*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
*.officeupdate.microsoft.com,
*.v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
*.akamai.net,
windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
officeupdate.microsoft.com,
windowsupdate.microsoft.com.edgesuite.net,
63.211.66.116,
63.211.66.118,
63.211.66.126,
63.211.66.124,
63.211.66.110,
63.211.66.131,
63.211.66.123,
63.211.66.101,

but it doesn't works, when I try to access the web page shows me totally
the updates but when I try to select and install one of them shows me a
message that the updates can't be installed in color red. If I leave the
rule to access to all sites (without any restrictions) it shows me all the
updates for the machine and installs without any problem. I configure the
Settings of the IE with the option of Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy
connections but it doesn't works either.
Anyone can help me with this configuration problem ??? What more else I
need to include in that rule for gain full access only to the
windowsupdate and officeupdate web pages. Thanks in advance. Best Regards.