[isalist] Re: 0x800733f5 error & order of polices issue

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:42:26 -0700

Assumptions get you nowhere.
You brought up the plethora of pain-points - expect someone to answer
them.
WSUS and the Internet-based updates process works very differently,
because the WSUS server determines for the client what is required and
what is not.  Amy has a clue (several, actually); this is a rare
commodity in the SBS community and you should feel free to take
advantage of it when it appears.

Also, please stop cutting off the thread.  It makes archive searches
very nearly meaningless.

Regarding the "custom app", the log snips you provide clearly indicate
that your rule is not being applied, since the denying rule is quoted as
"SBS Internet Access Rule".
The best way to express your ISA policies is to use ISAInfo.
You can respond offline if you like.

Jim