[isalist] Re: 0x800733f5 error & order of polices issue

On 5/14/07, Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you considered a caffeine 12-step program?

No, but I may be forced into retirement as I seek to engage into mass
consumption sessions of booze

1. what is the "custom app"?  IOW, where did you get it and what is it
supposed to be doing "on port 57017"?

Propreitary, they just say it uses TCP 57017 to check for updates and
download them. I guess they think HTTP and FTP are too old skool.

2. in the "classic SBS config", there is only one rule allowing
"everything"; it does so for "authenticated users" and this requirement
cannot be satisfied by a non-HTTP app running on the ISA itself.

I agree, but the aforementioned rule is below (higher order number), so I
must be missing a caveat to the policy order processing.

3. what are the details of the rule you created to support this "custom
app"?

Custom Protcol TCP 57017 Outbound, from Local Host, to External, All Users.

4. mind clarifying "svchost/Automatic updates issue"?

Read the comments section:
http://blogs.technet.com/wsus/archive/2007/04/28/update-on.aspx
<
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9019218&intsrc=hm_list