[isalist] Re: 0x800733f5 error & order of polices issue

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:41:56 -0400

Thanks, Amy. I have created an all outbound rule to the destination IP
address and only see the connections to TCP 57017 denied by the last rule
(SBS Internet Access). Unfortunately I am being challenged by:

* The software developer insists the software must run on the server; which
happens to be SBS 2003 Prem.
* The software developer (at this point) will not go beyond stating that TCP
57017 is the only necessary network traffic to be permitted
* The software is key this business and there really aren't many
alternatives
* The software runs on the SBS server which is also the ISA server (which
should still be possible to figure out)
* ISA monitoring is not providing me anymore detail other than the denied
TCP 57017 connection; although I will run another test
* The software does not have any network settings or pseudo / non-compatible
CERN Web proxy settings
* The all Outbound rule you suggested did not work; although I will run
another test
* The software worked before the ISA firewall was installed because they
simply had NAT router without true firewall functionality

Cheers,

...D

On 5/15/07, Amy Babinchak <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Danny,

The order of your policies is not being ignored. Isa will read them top
down. Since you're hitting the SBS Internet Access rule this means that the
traffic does not apply to the rule that you have created. When that's the
case, ISA moves on down checks the next rule. Finally it reaches the SBS
Internet Access Rule and since there's no authentication it is denied.

So, as I said before, the rule isn't configured correctly. You need to
find out what that apps wants and the configure your rule accordingly or
take my suggestion and set up a rule allowing all outbound to that specific
IP address.

Amy