[IRLGuideDogs] an idea

  • From: Kerie Doyle <kerie.doyle1987@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:04:23 +0000

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping some of you will have some constructive input and advice to offer
after reading this.

 I was partnered with my first dog in May of 2009, but unfortunately this
didn't work out. Now after some serious thinking, i decided i was ready again
to give it another shot, and i undertook a further assessment  last febuary.
The only way to describe how this went, is absolutely amazing. I walked with
two dogs, and it was like finding out why i wanted a dog all over again, and
then some. Now, to my present situation. I really do want another dog more than
anything, even though my cane skills are good and really feel i'm ready for the
highs and the lows, the ups and downs that go with it. My problem is however,
that i can't afford accomidation on my own, as in to rent an apartment. This
is, without a doubt, one of the key ingriedients to making this final match
attempt work. I don't have a rose tinted view, which is why i feel it's more
important than ever, that i give myself and the new dog, every chance to
My question is, were any of you here ever faced with the situation i find
myself in or something similar? What did you do?
with any authority to help me out on this one. I mean you can ask a million
sighted people and they will all give completely different answers, and while i
also know that no two answers here will be the same either, they are coming
from a place of experience, and that's why i thought of posting here.
Really look forward to reading responses.
All the best
Kerie the IRLGuideDogs mailing list
Send messages to irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe, vacation or digest options can be set by emailing
irlguidedogs-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a command in the subject line.  For
help simply type help.
For help you may contact Darragh Ó Héiligh or Nicky Kealy at
For information on this list including policies and rules please visit