[IRLGuideDogs] Volunteers to Assist with Free-Running our Dogs

  • From: "Audrey Tormey" <atormey@xxxxxx>
  • To: "guidedog-egroup" <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:31:28 +0100

Hi Everyone,

Just a thought I've had over the past few weeks, and thought I'd share it
with the guide dog community!
I am wondering what people think of recruiting a band of volunteers/friends
to offer visual assistance to those of us while free-running our dogs.  I
know myself, I always find it most helpful when I have someone who can keep
n eye on Woody while he is unwinding in a park, or along the strand.  How do
others manage? I'm particularly interest in hearing from GDOs who, like
myself are totally blind.  I would also like to welcome a friend of mine
Adele to the list! Adele is a puppy-walker with loads of experience, and
perhaps she might post to the list whenever she has time!  Adele is
currently puppy-walking an adorable lab-retriever called Ewan, and Woody and
Ivy often have a good run with Ewan.

Finally, I will add, I would be interested in being instrumental in forming
a volunteer group to assist GDOs with free-running, but I would appreciate
feedback from IGDB, from listers overseas in order to glean feedback and any
useful tips!

Regards:

Audrey

the IRLGuideDogs mailing list
Send messages to irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe, vacation or digest options can be set by emailing
irlguidedogs-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a command in the subject line.  For
help simply type help.
For help you may contact Darragh Ó Héiligh or Nicky Kealy at
irlguidedogs-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For information on this list including policies and rules please visit
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/irlguidedogs