[IRLGuideDogs] Using escalaters

  • From: "Darragh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 13:02:08 +0100

Hello all,

I know that oficially we are all told not to use moving escalaters as they
can be dangerous for our dogs however from a conversation with someone who
regularly uses tube stations in London I understand that training can be
given to teach dogs and their users how to manage these?

I know this topic was discussed on this list a few years ago but nothing
really came of it.  I will be using tube stations on a much regular basis
over the next few months and I don't want to have to depend on assistance
each time I need to travel.

Has anyone in Ireland been given training on the use of escalaters? Has
Irish Guidedogs looked into this problem?

Darragh Ó Héiligh
Web development, O/S and Application technical support.
   Website:     http://www.digitaldarragh.com

the IRLGuideDogs mailing list
Send messages to irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe, vacation or digest options can be set by emailing
irlguidedogs-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a command in the subject line.  For
help simply type help.
For help you may contact Darragh Ó Héiligh or Nicky Kealy at
irlguidedogs-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For information on this list including policies and rules please visit
//www.freelists.org/webpage/irlguidedogs