[IRLGuideDogs] Puppies

  • From: "Alison Flack" <flack@xxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:18:28 +0100

I have not contributed to the list in ages as I have not had a puppy, but
all should change this weekend when I hope to get a German shepherd pup
which is coming over from England.  I do not know what her name is or
anything but will keep you all updated on her progress.

Last week Orla Dunphy (puppy walking supervisor) and I brought 7 dogs down
to the Galley Head in west Cork to take part in a new television advert for
Galtee rashers and sausages.  They were filming a crowd of people all
arriving to the lighthouse following the scent of cooking sausages and
rashers. And they needed dogs, we assembled an assortment of dogs including
2 elderly Labradors, a golden doodle, a German shepherd (Ash) a golden
retriever and 2 young Labradors. It was a most entertaining and boring day
to say the least we had to be there for 9.30am and they only started filming
us at 9pm and by then the dogs were fed up and just wanted to go to bed.  I
went back the next day to finish off with 4 dogs.  The weather was wonderful
and the scenery stunning but I have crossed actress off my list of careers!
I really enjoyed the 2 days but would go nuts hanging around all the time,
and that was in good weather goodness only knows what it would be like if it
was raining.  It took them 4 days to film what will probably be a 30 second
advert I just hope we will be able to see the dogs, but they paid the Guide
Dogs very well for our time and effort which made it worth while.

Many thanks to Tom for the reminder about the radio show tomorrow.