[IRLGuideDogs] Notice

  • From: "Kealy, Nicky" <Nicky.Kealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:29:26 +0100

Hi folks, I have been asked to circulate this notice and well its not
directly guidedog related but it still might be benefitial to people
here to get involved.  Please check the notice for the correct details
for contacting people in relation to the notice and please do not refer
to this list with any details that you want to provide.

Regards, Nicky.

> Hi all
>
> I am part of a VICS sub-group on employment for blind/vision impaired
> people.
> The other members are:  Robbie Sandberg, Noreen Meagher and Lorna
Murphy.

> The purpose of this group is to:
> Encourage employers to consider hiring blind/vision impaired people
> and
> let them know what
> services are available to them i.e grants and training.
> convey the message that people who are either Blind/vision impaired
are
> hired for their abilitie and not their disability
> reach potential blind/vision impaired employees, many of whom are
unaware
> of their
> options, or lack the confidence to appear at a job interview.
>
> We are going to write up a case study of a blind/ vision impaired
> employee
> who's
> work place has been sufficiently set up with adaptive technology.
>
> We would like to write this profile from the perspective of both the
> employee and the employer.
>
> This would prove to be very benificial for the employer as the company
> would get very good publicity.  The case study will be put on the VICS

> website and will be used as a roll model
> for other employers.
>
> We are looking for someone who has had a very positive workexperience
> and whose employer has totally supported their needs.
>
> If you are interested in taking part in this case study, please e-mail

> me
> at
> joanannbrosnan@xxxxxxxxxx
> It would be very helpful if you could give me some background
information
> about your job and the company you work for.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Joan Ann.

Attention:
This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.

This email was scanned by NetIQ MailMarshal and has been certified
virus free with the pattern file currently in use. This however cannot
guarantee
that it does not contain malicious content.