Re: [IRLGuideDogs] Volunteers to Assist with Free-Running our Dogs

  • From: "Audrey Tormey" <atormey@xxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:56:39 +0100

Hi Tom,

Great idea regarding puppy-walkers, and their input in volunteering to
visually assist gdos with free-running, after all, puppy-walkers are ideal
people since they are aware of the dos and don'ts! I have chatted with
several people interested in "volunteering" and I will contact the Training
Centre for guidance [excuse the pun!] so, any more ideas, and feedback
welcome.  I will definitely contact vetinary practices and animal hospitals
to publicise the fact that volunteers are urged to get involved if
interested.  So, I'll be working on translating my thoughts into practice,
and as I said, I'll keep all posted, and I look forward to others ideas!

Regards, and have a great Easter weekend to all

Audrey