Re: [IRLGuideDogs] Spending Areas for Guide Dogs in Dublin Airport?

  • From: "Audrey Tormey" <atormey@xxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:13:56 +0100

Hi Ed,

I will endorse your sentiments and those of Tom too! I understand from
reading the "updates from Cork and Lean Kennedy" that there is some
disability user group liaising with the airport and other transport
providers, could you clarify Lean? or indeed some one employed by IGDB who
contributes to the list? my other thought is that, if there is no plan
envisaged to provide, and address access issues for those of us who are
guide dog owners, maybe it's time to get things moving! from my experience
as a teacher, and trainer, it's up to those of us with insights into
specific knowledges to make those who can make change aware of our needs!
also, if I can do anything as a single guide dog owner to try and reiterate
the need for access issues being addressed, I'd be delighted to do so!
please IGDB make this "an active" issue in need of being addressed with
airport authorities, rather than neglecting to convey the necessity for
change, after all, the collective voice of an organisation is much more
potent in lobbying, and conveying awareness of change than the single,
intermittent voices in the wilderness...!

Looking forward to having much more feedback on this issue!

Audrey