[IRLGuideDogs] Fw: toileting made easier for our dogs or is it

  • From: "Heather" <heva1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:40:59 +1000

Message
----- Original Message -----
From: Heather
To: List for Guide Dog users in Ireland.
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLGUIDEDOGS] toileting made easier for our dogs or is it

Hi Ms. obstreperous, sheesh, that was a big word for that time in the morning,
I can't even spellcheck it because for some reason my spellchecker is in
French, (very handy if I wanted to e mail a French person) I was up late
because of a fluffy black visitor, what's your excuse?! She went to her new
home today, a big day for a 9 week old pup, she met an eight month old Seeing
Eye pup, a 7 week old kitten, a 14 year old dog, had a long journey in the ute
and finally got to her new home where she responded to the ooh's and ahh's with
a big wee on the kitchen floor, when you gotta go you gotta go and anyway when
you look that cute you can get away with the odd accident.
I don't think you should change your viewpoint re. the toilet harness,
everyone's entitled to thier own opinion and preferences, it'll never become
standard practice and will always be a matter of choice for the client and
thier dog. You're right about it needing to be used every time the dog is given
the opportunity to relieve, this is for consistency (of the routine not the
poo!)
Au revoir
Heather