[IRLGuideDogs] Cd update

  • From: "Sabrina McKiernan" <sabmckiernan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:42:11 -0000

Dear all,

Well here I am on 12 Dec writing this and if I knew how fantastic I'd be
feeling about the cd I created with the help of a lot of people back in July
when it all began I wouldn't have believed it.

When it all began Ella was still working for me, she guided us down to the
studio every day (no she didn't want any I pod then! ... lol!

Singing those tracks with the headphones on oh wow what a feeling! But hearing
it back it was amazing! And then hearing the instruments on the tracks a
warmth/live  feeling was created which was exactly what I wanted!

In August a break from studio buzz happened as I went down to train with my
third-guide-dog 'Vasil - vas for short. I feel so lucky and honoured to have
been given such a fantastic combination to work with. He's a fantastic worker
lovely dog. I love so many things about him. After Cork it was back to Cd land
and team vas walked to the studio and back each day.  (Vas even wanted to do
vocals on the tracks! (whata dog) ...

Then before we knew it the cd dedicated to my three life changing friends was
created.

On 19 November the launch took place in the fantastic Meadowlands hotel (what a
crowd that turned up thanks to local publicity) What was very special for me
was the support of local guide dog owner/user Liam Lynch, and the gang from
Cork P.j, Ken, and Anne who also had with them two clients who were in the
middle of their training with their new guide dogs! (I hope they are getting on
really well) I am also so grateful for the phone calls and emails offering
support and good wishes from Padraig, Kerry and Simon GDMI of 'team vas'

€653 was raised just on the launch night And I know that Cd sales are going so
well! Stirling work is being done on the shop online on the web site and also
on the ground with volunteers it is so hard in these times we are in and I
thank them all so much.

It was all brought home to me last week when I heard the fantastic interview
Padraig did on the Joe Duffy show there are people around the country who are
waiting for the safety, independence, dignity and confidence a guide/assistance
 dog brings.

I just want to thank those of you who have bought the Cd in support and thank
so much for spreading the word (word-of-mouth is a powerful tool)

Joe Bollard thanks for the fun interview on 'audio view! You are mad as a
hatter love it! ... and if there's cd number 2 ill be sure to include 'old
shep'! whatever that song is! ... I haven't' a clue you know!

Stuart Lawler thanks for the interview on HKC trust you to come up with the
hard questions! .... and on the day after the launch n all! ... lol

Jen and Oj thanks for letting us feature on your fantastic blog. (we want a
blog now) ...

Tom O'Neill thanks for the interview you are a pet.

Well I think that's about it ...

So we'll keep on going! And I will be doing a Cork launch very soon.

Best wishes all,

Sabrina and Vas

  _____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .