[interfacekit] Re: BRegion

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:57:52 +0200 CEST

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:29:28 +0200 burton666 <burton666@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > Yes, please don't worry about those functions. Let's see what is
> > needed
> > and implement only this (choosing better names would be nice).
> > Especially functions whose semantics is not completely clear don't
> > make
> > any sense to be implemented.
>
> Yeah, but these aren't private functions. They are public, and even
> if probably, no one ever uses it, anyone that includes Region.h could.

Well, being listed in a public header doesn't mean, that they are
public. They appear as friends of BRegion, because they certainly
access BRegion internals, but since they are completely undocumented
(unless I miss something), I would consider them private. If an
application developer uses them, they risk their app to break with a
later release.

> Moreover, the BRegion public methods just call those C functions
> (some stack crawl confirmed this).
> For example:
>
> BRegion::Include(clipping_rect rect)
> {
>    BRegion region;
>    BRegion newRegion;
>
>    region.Set(rect);
>
>    and_region(this, &region, &newRegion);

Mmh, I would expect something like an OR here :-P

>    copy_region(&newRegion, this);
> }
>
> and_region is just a stub for the other complex functions.
>
> Anyway, I'll do the commit soon,  so you shall see (and change if you
> don't like :-))

Cool! :-)

CU, Ingo