[interact_list] Mom, we are already lost in here

  • From: Akio Fujita <A.Fujita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interact_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:13:14 +0100

'There is confusion about the fate of five US Special Forces troops amid
claims they have been captured by the Taliban.'

As it was released to public resource since yesterday, already US and
maybe UK special units have been working in Afghanistan. (some say
since 2 weeks before but others say just since yesterday: for detail go
Yahoo news and figure.)

And there is a news, coming up, already those elite forces are either
a: captured by Taliban or
b: lost its contact

...can be total hoax. (Still makes me think [not 'casualties or death
toll' but 'hostages', how US and UK people can fight with this. =

A.@peace movements...think...this is the occasion to grow itself...
I don't say Anti-War, but I say 'don't send those American soldiers
for such a meaningless and useless missions. It's vain and sad.'

Saturday September 29, 06:16 PM (Sky News)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/010929/80/c5pxe.html ..etc]

Taliban Deny Capture Claims:

There is confusion about the fate of five US Special Forces troops amid
claims they have been captured by the Taliban.A prominent television
network in the Middle East has reported that the five were seized by
Afghan security forces, but the Pentagon and the Taliban deny the

Qatar's al-Jazeera station said a military source from bin Laden's al
Qaeda group claimed the armed men were arrested on the Iranian border.

Two of the three were reportedly Afghans with US citizenship. "They had
some modern weapons and some maps of al Qaeda sites," the station said.
"They were on a reconnaissance mission to know the territory of al
Qaeda".  He said pictures of the men would be released soon.

The television network has good contacts with bin Laden and has carried
interviews with the Saudi dissident, Sky's Colin Brazier said from
Islamabad. This week it claimed to have been sent a fax from bin Laden
denying responsibility for the terror attacks.

But the claims were dismissed as "totally wrong" by the Taliban's
defence minister Mullah Obaidullah. And Kabul's official news agency
said the report "was not true and has no basis".

Colin Brazier said the confusion may have arisen because the al Qaeda
network could have detained the men and not the Taliban regime.

Scouting missions

A senior source in the White House said on Friday that four and
five-man teams were already in Afghanistan scouting out possible
targets. It had been queried why Washington had unofficially
acknowledged Special Forces were in Afghanistan.

Sky's defence analyst Francis Tusa said it may have been because the
White House had lost contact with the team and were "preparing" the
American public for possible losses.

The Taliban has refused to hand over bin Laden, believed to be hiding
out in the Afghan mountainside, but says it has delivered an edict
requesting he leave the country.