[interact_list] Israel is hijacked by its extremists [that's what I meant partly] and now 'doves' and military in talk

  • From: Akio Fujita <A.Fujita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interact_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:25:24 +0100

I got a copy of 'Washington Report: On Middle East Affairs', a
journal. (It's a very 'thick and dense' pro-palestinian journal,
the point is they focus on internal 'dove'/'peace' fractions of Israel.)

October 2001 issue, still it's published before NY attacks. I
thought it could be a waste of money, but as I picked and read on - it
was draining. Outcries, and predictions/warnings about what to be
expected, if Israel and US's biased commitment to Mideast continues -
this is the only one message, the hundreds of comments and letters in
this volume is conveying, as a whole.

'America's blind support of Israel's gross violations of human rights
and international law will not only cost billions of tax dollars but
eventually American lives as well.' ('Israel is a very costly ally' by
Charley Reese)

After the attacks, Sharon or Israel rightwingers misread the situation,
and took Jericho - Palestinian territory and yesterday, it was said now
about to take down Hebron too. As a result of these 'agressions'-
these days it's been possible to read a 'scent' in Washington  -
through many articles and postings, that now Washington is  really
'mad' about hawkish deeds of Israel -

Why Israel is that aggressive? How it can be?

I don't know - it would require much more of 'commiting' friends on
this issue and we need to sort out all sorts of information -
like one nation's intelligence office would do. We need to sort out
every aspects of 'diplomacy'(realpolitik).

But there is one outcome, today reported by Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4268208,00.html
Suzanne Goldenberg in Nablus, West Bank
Guardian, Tuesday October 2, 2001

(The chapter of Is-Pa conflict in Contemporary Conflict Resolution,
offers very concise portrait of 'intra-party division' on both sides of
Israel and Palestine)

A.@learning Hebrew