[interact_list] [Africa] new regional body 'African Union' and Genoa's 'Plan for Africa'

  • From: Akio Fujita <A.Fujita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: superflychic98@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:34:55 +0100

Then this is the - I think newest moves on Africa.

African Union is a replacement? of OAU, and basically facilitated by
Kofi Annan.

etc. loads.

And also one outcome of Genoa G8 summit is about 'regional body'
mechanim for Africa. Canada and Tony Blair both claim

'That's my idea, that's my commitment.'

By the way, following article is a good one, lists up whole agenda.

G8 Leaders Sign Up to 'Plan for Africa' (Reuters)
Saturday July 21 6:03 PM ET
By Mike Peacock

I think I covered minimum of major events about Africa since
this June - (HIV/AIDS issue is - real complex one and if I step in I
will spend 'hours and hours' so I don't want to step in!)

...personally I was amazed like  - hey, you can do it -
but probably these things won't work - cause actual agencies are
perplexed - so I don't know. It's a good and only idea - to approach
from 'regional' perspective but without tackling agency level -
it looks like 'doing conference habits' now boasted up in real big

It may work?

I don't know - now I need to check past - there may have been similar

I will see.