March 2004 Computer IT Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: "Scott Turton-intelligentedu.com" <intel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Mar 2004 22:24:21 -0800

         Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

          *** ISSUE #39 - March 2004 ***

              http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in April, 2004 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter39.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... I.T. Sites and Free Downloads Worth Mentioning

8)... Question of the Month about Technical Training

9)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new subscribers!

This is the March 2004 issue of our free monthly newsletter for
Computer IT Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources providing
you with the latest Free online IT Training Resources that we
have recently discovered and researched. This newsletter is free
to anyone subscribing (instructions at bottom, no
username/password is needed). To access our member site, however,
you do need a user name and password - registering as a member of
Intelligentedu.com costs $15 for two months, for more information
please see below 'Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com'.

My desire is that these free resources will help you with your
computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT
career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate
who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and
from a user's perspective.

*** Current News ***

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 48 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this
email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites
before our web site visitors do.

This issue contains many study guides and learning materials for
various IT certification exams, including Linux, Cisco, and
Microsoft.

For your convenience, this newsletter is also available to
subscribers in HTML format at this special url:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news.html

I wish you the best with your computer studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

EducationOnlineForComputers.com:
http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com

Our new software application and office training and tutorial
site, EducationOnlineForComputers.com, gives you Free access to
hundreds of Free Training and Tutorials covering Microsoft
Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and FrontPage. We also
provide you a member site for the best available online software
application training. You can sign up for the Free Newsletter
here:
http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com/optin_newsletter.html

"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power
 - With Free Online Computer Training!"

*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training. For short FAQ Answers, please see the end of
this newsletter.

The total price to join as a member is only $15 total for 2
months, $25 for 4 months, $34 for 6 months, or $59 for a whole
year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those
seeking IT education and application development training. Here's
the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign
up: http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

-> Here are Your 4 Rewards for Subscribing to this Newsletter <-

*** Free Online IT Training Materials for Subscribers***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Free Online Computer Training and Tutorial Resources***
Containing over 8,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government
agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a
coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book
will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to
receive your Free Copy:
http://intelinfo.hypermart.net/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip
(553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.

*** And here is your fourth reward for being our subscriber:
we'll show you how to get 50% more traffic to your site for free
- Click on this link to sign up at the best free traffic
generator on the web today: http://tinyurl.com/4i2x

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

Certificationsuccess.com:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com

This site provides the following Free Study Guides for
Certification Exams, in pdf format.

Explanations Of Computer Application Terms:
http://tinyurl.com/2xf3m

A+ Hardware:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/A+_Hardware_Study_Guide.pdf

A+ Software:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/A+_Software_Study_Guide.pdf

iNET:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/iNET_study_guide.pdf

Security+:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/Security+.pdf

Security+ Overview and Practice Questions:
http://tinyurl.com/2o5et

CCNA Study Guide:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/CCNA.pdf

CitrixMetaframeXP Study Guide:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/CitrixMetaframeXP.pdf

20 Wireless Tips:
http://tinyurl.com/29jxc

Encryption and Decrypion:
http://tinyurl.com/3aab8

Oracle9i vs SQL Server 2000:
http://tinyurl.com/2vf5l

Network Port Numbers Explained:
http://tinyurl.com/25xzh

Server Back-up Strategy:
http://tinyurl.com/3dyk5

Setting up RAS Connections in Windows:
http://tinyurl.com/yvkuo

Tech Salary Survey:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/Tech_Salary_Survey.pdf

The Top 20 Security Threats:
http://tinyurl.com/2rqqp

Top Tricks:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/Top_Tricks.pdf

Understanding Kerberos:
http://tinyurl.com/3fpt2

Unix Command Line Basics:
http://tinyurl.com/2kh3x

Using the Replace Command:
http://tinyurl.com/ystlr

MCSE 70-215 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_215.pdf

MCSE 70-210 exam:
http://tinyurl.com/3gmwy

MCSE 70-216 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70-216_Study_Guide.pdf

MCSE  70-219 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_219.pdf

MCSE  70-220 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_220.pdf

MCSE  70-214 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_214.pdf

MCSE  70-218 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_218.pdf

MCSE  70-270 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_270.pdf

MCSE  70-217 exam:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/70_217.pdf

Windows 2000 Server Exam:
http://tinyurl.com/2n8bu

Deploy and Distribute the .Net Framework:
http://tinyurl.com/28lud

Moving from Visual Basic to .NET:
http://tinyurl.com/2uz2m
http://tinyurl.com/2fvl5

Security with Windows 2000 Server:
http://tinyurl.com/2qtnq

DOS Memory:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/DOSmemory.pdf

.Net Active Directory:
http://tinyurl.com/2ea3d

Analyzing Your Security in Windows 2000:
http://tinyurl.com/2ca99

Windows 2000 DNS Dynamic Update:
http://tinyurl.com/3hk2x

What is .NET:
http://tinyurl.com/2ljr5

Using Oracle in ADO.NET
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/Using_Oracle_in_ADO_NET.pdf

Windows XP Security:
http://www.certificationsuccess.com/guides/WindowsXPSecurity.pdf

Toggit.com:
http://www.toggit.com/

This site offers you the following Free Study Guides for
Certification Exams.

CompTIA A+ Exam:

   Concepts for the A+ Operating Systems Exam (2003):
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/Concepts.asp

   Concepts for the A+ Core Hardware Exam (2003):
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/conceptsCH.asp

   Detailed Exam Objectives for A+ Operating Systems 2003:
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideaosct.asp

   Study Tools and Materials for A+ Core and OS Exams:
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideachCT.asp
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideachK.asp
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideaos1.asp
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideaos2.asp
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideaos3.asp
   http://www.toggit.com/Aplus/guideaos4.asp

Cisco CCNA Exam:

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/CCNA/217cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Cisco's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/CCNA/217tguide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/CCNA/217cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/CCNA/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-210:
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows 2000
Professional:

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/210/210cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/210/210tguide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/210/210cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/210/Concepts.asp

   Two Practice Tests, 20 Questions Each:
   http://www.toggit.com/210/test/teststart.asp

Exam 70-215:
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000
Server

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/215/215cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/215/215tguide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/215/215cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/215/Concepts.asp

   40 Practice Questions:
   http://www.toggit.com/215/test/teststart.asp

Exam 70-216:
Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
Infrastructure

   Study guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/216/216tguide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/216/216cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/216/Concepts.asp

   40 Practice Questions:
   http://www.toggit.com/216/test/teststart.asp

Exam 70-217:
Implementing and Administering Windows 2000 Directory Services
Infrastructure

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/217/217cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/217/217tguide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/217/217cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/217/Concepts.asp

   40 Practice Questions:
   http://www.toggit.com/217/test/teststart.asp

Exam 70-218:
Managing a Windows 2000 Network Environment

   Study guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/218/218ceuide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/218/218cyuide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/218/Concepts.asp

   "What to know" Checklist
   http://www.toggit.com/218/wtkguide.asp

Exam 70-219:
Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services
Infrastructure

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/219/219cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/219/219tguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/219/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-220:
Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/220/220cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/220/220tguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/220/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-221:
Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure

   Study Guide based on a standard curriculum layout:
   http://www.toggit.com/221/221cguide.asp

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/221/221tguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/221/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-224:
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Exchange
2000 Server

   Study Guide based on concepts in Microsoft's website:
   http://www.toggit.com/224/224tguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/224/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-270:
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
Professional

   Study Material:
   http://www.toggit.com/270/Guide.asp

   Conceptual Guide:
   http://www.toggit.com/270/270cgguide.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/270/Concepts.asp

Exam 70-290:
Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Environment

   What's new in Windows 2003 Server:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/2003new.asp

   Installing and Deploying Windows Server 2003:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide1.asp

   Managing Windows Server 2003:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide2.asp

   Windows Server 2003 Networks:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide3.asp

   Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide4.asp

   Terminal Services:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide5.asp

   Creating and Managing User and Computer Accounts:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide6.asp

   Group Policy in Windows 2003:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide6a.asp

   Controlling Access to Network Resources:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide7.asp

   Monitoring Network Resources:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide8.asp

   Deploying Software Applications:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguideS.asp

   Concepts:
   http://www.toggit.com/290/Concepts.asp

Download your Free Examforce Cram Sheets:

  CompTIA Bundle:
  http://download.examforce.com/examforce/comptia-cs.zip

  Microsoft MCSE Bundle:
  http://download.examforce.com/examforce/msmcse-cs.zip

These Cram Sheets contain valuable information for the MCSE and
CompTiA certification exams. You can study these to help you pass
the exams, you may find it useful to review the appropriate Cram
Sheet just prior to sitting for the actual exam. They are in
Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format, and that you will need to unZIP them
prior to use.

You can download Acrobat Reader at:

You can download 7zip, a free zip file archiver tool at:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Unix Tutorial for Beginners:
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

The UNIX operating system is made up of three parts; the kernel,
the shell and the programs. This tutorial takes you through 8
tutorial sessions to help you learn this important operating
system.

Red Hat Linux Documentation:
http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/contents.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 Customization Guide:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-cg-en-9/index.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 Getting Started Guide:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-gsg-en-9/index.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 x86 Installation Guide:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-ig-x86-en-9/index.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 Reference Guide:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-rg-en-9/index.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 System Administration Primer:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-sap-en-9/index.html

  Red Hat Linux 9 Security Guide:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/rhl-sg-en-9/index.html

  Intel Kernel Math Library:
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/mkl/index.htm

  Intel Fortran and C++ Compilers Documentation (8.0 Release):
  http://rsusu1.rnd.runnet.ru/linux/linux/comp.html

MySQL Documentation:
http://ftp6.us.freebsd.org/pub/mysql/documentation/index.html

The MySQL manual covers most of the areas of MySQL use. The
available material here includes the MySQL Reference Manual,
articles and presentations, MySQL++ API Manual, MyODBC
Programmer's Reference Manual, and MySQL Connector/J
Documentation. Also translations into German, French, Portuguese,
and Russian.

Dreamweaver Training:
http://web.umr.edu/~mhays/ITCommResources/DWtraining/

  Intermediate Dreamweaver Training (3.5M):
  http://web.umr.edu/~mhays/ITCommResources/DWtraining/intermediate.doc

  Training Manual (1.2M):
  http://web.umr.edu/~mhays/ITCommResources/DWtraining/training.doc

UK Borland User Group - Downloads:
http://www.craigmurphy.com/bug/

Technical Articles, Presentations, and related source code,
mostly Delphi related.

Bitsavers.org:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/

Lots of older computer manuals and documentation. This site
contains sources of information on obsolete computers and
electronics.

3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites:

Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books
page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and
some will be added to our members site.

Free IT Books from books.pdox.net:
http://books.pdox.net/Computers/

The following are some of the books on this site, in pdf format:

Algorithmic Information Theory:
http://tinyurl.com/277tt

An Introduction to Cryptography.pdf:
http://tinyurl.com/2ehkl

Building Secure and Reliable Network Applications.pdf:
http://tinyurl.com/3angm

Executing Temporal Logic:
http://tinyurl.com/23jzx

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist:
http://tinyurl.com/2z5wh

Learning How to Design:
http://tinyurl.com/2cnen

Logic Programming and Prolog:
http://tinyurl.com/3bkjl

Mastering Regular Expressions in Perl:
http://tinyurl.com/2bqbo

Network Administrator's Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/3xuy8

Programming Visual C++, 5th Edition (chm format):
http://tinyurl.com/2j32g

Programming Windows, 5th Edition (chm format):
http://tinyurl.com/29w5q

Redhat Linux Unleashed (zip format):
http://tinyurl.com/2xd7k

Securing and Optimizing Red Hat Linux:
http://tinyurl.com/2zlyx

The Design Patterns Java Companion:
http://tinyurl.com/yrumq

The Linux Programmer's Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/35nxb

The Linux Programmer's Guide Examples (tar.gz format):
http://tinyurl.com/2gqs2

The Linux Sysadmin Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/2d5g6

Documentation (Books):
http://custom.lab.unb.br/pub/books/docs.rinet.ru/

Books on Web Development, Perl, JavaScript, Java, Databases,
Oracle, Networking, and Unix. There are more books on this site,
look in the pub/books folder.

Servlet Essentials:
http://tinyurl.com/2h54e

This document explains the concepts of Java Servlets and provides
a step-by-step tutorial for writing HTTP Servlets with complete
source code for the example Servlets. The tutorial and the other
chapters cover all facets of Servlet programming from a simple
"Hello World" Servlet to advanced Servlet features like session
tracking and Cookies.

Peter Norton's Guide to Java Programming
http://tinyurl.com/3dbxf

This is a guide to the Java programming language. It is designed
to meet the needs of today's Web publishers and programmers by
helping you set the pace for the future of Internet and object-
oriented programming.

Swing:
http://tinyurl.com/267yq

All chapters for the first edition of this book are free on this
site. Code examples are also available.

Big Technical Library: Certification:
http://freebooks.by.ru/Certification.html

Here are some of the Free Microsoft Certification Books linked on
this site:

MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Active directory
Services (CHM):
http://www.mcse2001.boom.ru/mmads.html

MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (CHM):
http://www.mcse2001.boom.ru/mmserver.html

MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
Administration (CHM):
http://www.mcse2001.boom.ru/mmnet.html

MCSE Tutorial on Windows 2000 Server:
http://www.ftq.com/w2ks/index.html

MCSE Tutorial on Windows Networking Essentials:
http://www.ftq.com/ne/

MCSE/MCDBA SQL Server 7 Administration Study Guide:
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/MSSQL7Admin/toc.htm

Here are other IT subject areas covered on this site:

Linux Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/Linux.html

Unix Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/UNIX.html

CCNA Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/CiscoCCNA.html

Computer Security Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/Security.html

Web Design Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/WebDesign.html

C and C++ Programming Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/CandCpp.html

Perl Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/Perl.html

Oracle Books:
http://freebooks.by.ru/Oracle.html

Goals-Based Testing:
http://etnaweb02.conxion.com/products/extreme/Goals_Based_Testing.pdf

This white paper is billed as a new approach to performance
testing and management.

4) University Computer Science Course Sites
   Free to Browse and Study:

These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course
Webs page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat3.html

Foundations of Software Engineering:
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~ldnel/3104winter2004/

Look at Notes for learning materials covering requirements,
modeling, RUP and more.

Database Management Systems:
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~ldnel/3005fall03/

Look at the Lecture Notes.

Design and Implementation of Computer Applications with Java:
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~courses/1406/

Look at the Notes, extra slides and examples.

Programming in C++:
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~ldnel/2404fall03/

Look at Course Notes.

5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month
we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from
our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:

Impatient Perl:
http://www.greglondon.com/impatient.html

Impatient Perl is a Teach-Yourself-Perl document. It is written
for people who have basic programming skills and can navigate
their way around a command line prompt. It is written as to-the-
point as possible. Impatient Perl is just over 100 pages long but
covers everything from basic variables to Object Oriented
Programming in Perl.

Linux Tutorials:
http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/

Here are several well written Linux Tutorials, including ones
covering Apache, ATA RAID, and Installing Software. And here are
some more from this site:

  Linux FAQ:
  http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4638

  Cron Tutorial:
  http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4017

  VNC Tutorial:
  http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=973

Free AutoCAD Training:
http://www.dgcad.com/

Free videos for basic AutoCAD, AutoCAD architectural desktop and
Revita software. They are all up to date with the latest versions
(2004).

XML Design Patterns:
http://www.xmlpatterns.com

Since XML design patterns are an excellent way to pass knowledge
on from the experts to XML newcomers, they have become more
important then ever. Designing good XML structure using DTDs or
W3C XML Schema does not always come easily, and hopefully the
patterns on this site will be able to help out. Here is the
introductory material: http://www.xmlpatterns.com/intro.shtml

Designing Without Tables Using CSS:
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css1/

You can get some free chapters of this book sent to your email
address: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css1/signoff.php

6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:

These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page
at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat6.html

Programming-x.com:
http://www.programming-x.com/

This is an excellent link farm site for free IT training set up
alphabetically by topic.

Here is their C++ Tutorials page:
http://www.programming-x.com/programming/c++-tutorials.html

Here is the Quick References page:
http://www.programming-x.com/programming/quick-reference.html

Thetutorial.com:
http://www.thetutorial.com/

This is a very good link site to IT and programming tutorials,
but it looks like it may be down. It is also archived at this
url:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030607230727/http://www.thetutorial.com/

7) I.T. Sites and Free Downloads Worth Mentioning:

Password Generator:
http://www.webattack.com/get/wmpwgen.shtml

This free utility creates random passwords based on different
criteria, including length, upper and lower case letters,
numbers, special characters and more. The lists displayed can
then be copied to the clipboard or saved.

OmniFormat:
http://www.omniformat.com

OmniFormat is a free document conversion utility which allows
dynamic conversion and image manipulation of over 75 file formats
including HTML, DOC, XML, XLS, WPD, PDF, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, PCX,
PS, TXT, Photo CD, FAX and MPEG.

Simple to use, OmniFormat "watches" a folder for image files.
When documents and images are placed into the Watch folder, they
are automatically processed with remembered settings. Processing
may include a combination of conversion and image manipulation.
Processing options include: Size, Rotation, Brightness,
Saturation, Hue, Contrast.

OmniFormat may also be used to dynamically convert XML data to
any supported output format including PDF. OmniFormat is
available free at http://www.omniformat.com.

8) Question of the Month about Technical Training:

Each month Scott Turton will answer a current or important
question that we have received about computer and IT training and
career development.

March 2004 Question of the Month: Can you give me some free new
materials about UML (Unified Modeling Language) and RUP (Rational
Unified Process)?

Answer:

Here are some newly available free training and tutorials on UML
and RUP:

UML and Rational manuals, etc.:
http://www.cs.odu.edu/~ibl/public/software/rational/

RUP Training Video:
http://www.pscit.monash.edu.au/~kendall/CPE4004/RUP/
Quicktime required, if you need it then download both files in
QuickTime Installer folder and execute QuickTimeInstaller.exe.

Lectures and notes for Analysis and Design of Distributed
Information Systems class using use case, object and dynamic
models and applying patterns:
http://www.pscit.monash.edu.au/~kendall/CPE4004/

UML learning slides:
http://www.cs.ut.ee/~kiho/SE/fall01/UML/

RUP Slide Presentation:
http://www.cs.ut.ee/~kiho/SE/fall01/RUP/

RUP and Extreme Programming document:
http://263.aka.org.cn/Docs/latest/RUP%20and%20XP.pdf

Papers, includes one on RUP:
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~ldnel/3104notes/Papers/

Learning materials and slides for Object-Oriented Design and
Software Engineering Software Development using UML and Java:
http://www.cpe.ku.ac.th/~pp/classes/204432/material/
Includes content on RUP, Use Cases, UML, and Rose.

Developing a Pet Store using RUP and XDE:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/1072.html
This is a sample application that provides insight into the
combined power of RUP and XDE.

RUP Library, Articles and Learning Resources:
http://www-140.ibm.com/wps/portal/_s.155/545

Get a free CD: Inside the UML CD:
http://www.rational.com/forms/rosemodeling.jsp

Rational Unified Process Windows Evaluation:
http://tinyurl.com/2zh8t

Very good overview of RUP:
http://www.rational.com/media/whitepapers/rup_bestpractices.pdf

RUP Documentation:
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkCentral/RUP+Documentation

UML Slide Presentation (150K):
http://www.craigmurphy.com/bug/umlrup/UML.zip
RUP Slide Presentation (120K):
http://www.craigmurphy.com/bug/umlrup/RUP.zip

Using the RUP for Small Projects: Expanding upon eXtreme
Programming (pdf):
http://tinyurl.com/yrqum

Reaching CMM Levels 2 and 3 with the Rational Unified Process:
http://tinyurl.com/2v9hf
http://tinyurl.com/2gn2v  (pdf)

A Comparison of RUP and XP:
http://tinyurl.com/3csvw
http://tinyurl.com/yvf9z  (pdf)

The Estimation of Effort Based on Use Cases:
http://tinyurl.com/25pxa
http://tinyurl.com/3yutb  (pdf)

More RUP related papers:
http://tinyurl.com/28g97

I hope this helps you.

Scott Turton
Web Master and Editor
http://www.intelligentedu.com

9) Please Support Our Training Mission

http://www.intelligentedu.com/support.html

How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission

Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and
Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below. By doing so, you
will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an
Information Technology career.

Newsletter Sponsors:

Please Visit One of Our Sponsors and request more information -
doing this enables us to bring you these great free computer and
IT training resources every month:

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults:
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

Free to Sell - The Ultimate eBook!
(lowest price on the web)
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_to_sell.html

Financing4all.net:
http://www.financing4all.net

Learn and then apply the Financing and Investment Techniques used
today to make the best financial and investment decisions
possible. You'll get Free Information and Guides, Learning
Materials, and Online Tools to empower you to deal with those who
do this everyday. We will lead and guide you in your decisions
about Auto Loans and Leases, Home Mortgages and Refinancing,
Stocks, Investments, Insurance, Business Loans, Lenders and
Investors.

American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your
convenience
http://wesac.com/clk/solfglurtmataftatz

Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting,
Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
http://gartum.com/clk/yadenibonkiryudaibon

Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources

http://www.intelligentedu.com/
Free I.T. Training Now!

A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web
site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many,
many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science
students and instructors and others seeking free training and
knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from
programming to systems administration to networking to the
internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and
I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides,
documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are
free technical training tutorials co-branded with
Beginners.uk.co. Check us out today.

Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked
are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are
expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices.
Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a
copyright notice is present.

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ Answers:

1. Most of the web sites and pages in our members site are not in
the free section of our web site. The online training resources
in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much more
detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will save
you time in finding all the best free training on the web.

2. You can choose to pay using either Paypal or 2Checkout. If
paying pay check and you live in the U.S., please select
2Checkout.

3. You have a choice to select the non-recurring or recurring
method of payment. If you select non-recurring, when your
membership period expires, you will not be automatically charged
another fee on your credit card or check.

4. If you are looking for training and tutorials covering popular
software such as Microsoft Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
Web Development, Windows and Computer Hardware, please see our
sister site, http://www.EducationOnlineForComputers.com

The total price to join our member's site is only $15 total for 2
months, $25 for 4 months, $34 for 6 months, or $59 for a whole
year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those
seeking IT education and application development training. Here's
the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign
up: <http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email
Scott Turton with questions at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will give you 8 great Free Bonuses when you sign up now.
These are as follows:
1. A Comprehensive 47-page IT Glossary
2. How To Understand Windows Error Messages program
3. 105 Great Totally Free Utility Programs
4. A Bug Tracking Access
5. The Four Best IT Salary Calculator/Wizard sites
6. 12 Great Web Resources for Learning the Best Methods
    to Study and Take Tests
7. Six Great e-Books (a $120 value) to help you Make Money
    using the Internet
8. Five extra bonus IT resource sites that are the best from
    our "worth mentioning" newsletter section

Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
intelinfo-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You will need to reply to a confirming email.)

Or go to this web page and use the subscribe form:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
(no need to confirm)

Or go to this web page and use the unsubscribe form:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

Thank You!
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/