Jan. 2002 Computer Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: "Scott Turton" <intel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:50:47 -0600

           Newsletter for Computer Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

           *** ISSUE #17 - Jan. 2002 ***

               http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in early February, 2002 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter17.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites

8)... I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning

9)... Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training

10)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello, everyone! I would like to personally thank all of you for
your support of our newsletter and website during the past year.
This is the 17th issue of our free monthly email newsletter for
Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources, giving you
the latest Free Internet IT Training Resources that we have
recently discovered and researched. My hope is that these free
resources help you with your computer education and training and
are tools to advance your IT career. Our main mission is the
training of those less fortunate who are seeking to become
computer literate, both technically and from a user's
perspective.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, or feedback about this
newsletter, feel free to email us at mailto:intel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We appreciate your feedback. Also, please send this to your
friends and colleagues. It contains highly valuable information
for anyone who is an IT professional or desiring to become one.

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 56 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of
this email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these
sites before our web site visitors do.

*** Current News ***

I'd like to explain a few items about our member site. The
current fee to access our members' site is $10.00 for 6 months
(this may increase in the future). Over half of the web sites in
our members site are not in the free section of our web site.
The online training resources in our members' site are linked
and laid out in a much more detailed fashion. This will save you
time in finding all the best free training on the web. When your
membership period expires, you will be asked if you want to
renew your membership, you will not be automatically charged
another fee on your credit card or check. You can also use
PayPal to sign-up as a member of Intelligentedu.com, just use this
link: <http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/become_a_member.html>. If
you register to pay $10.00 via PayPal using this method, simply
tell us in the 'Special Instructions' what you want for your
user name and password.

Best of luck with your computer studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
intel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

*** Our Newly Researched Free Online Computer Training ***

Containing over 13,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members. Please use the following link
to access this page and all the free training material it links
to (and bookmark it for later use):
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free IT Training Materials and Books ***

This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links. This section is now
available for free to all our newsletter subscribers, and our
site members also can access these resources. Here is the page
url:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***

Our new Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

The total price to join our member's site is only $10 total for
6 months. The funds generated will assist us to help all those
seeking IT education and application development training.
Here's the link to see what's available on our member's site and
to sign up:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

Free Online School:
http://w3.softlookup.com/

Free training materials cover Programming (Java, JavaScript, C++,
Visual Basic, Perl), Operating Systems (Win NT, Linux, Unix),
Databases (SQL, Oracle), HTML, CSS and XML. (Site contains pop-
up ads)

Computer Science Article entry:
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=117722