<Intelligentedu.com> Nov 2002 Computer IT Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: sturton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 31 Oct 2002 21:22:16 -0600

         Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

           *** ISSUE #27 - November 2002 ***

               http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in early December, 2002 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter27.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites

8)... I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning

9)... Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training

10)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello, everyone and welcome to our new subscribers!

This is the 27th issue of our free monthly email newsletter for
Computer IT Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources, giving you
the latest Free online IT Training Resources that we have
recently discovered and researched. This newsletter is free to
anyone subscribing (instructions at bottom, no username/password
is needed). To access our member site, however, you do need a
user name and password - registering as a member of Intelligentedu.com
costs $10 for two months, for more information please see below
'Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com'.

My desire is that these free resources will help you with your
computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT
career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate
who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and
from a user's perspective.

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 60 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this
email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites
before our web site visitors do. This newsletter is available to
subscribers in HTML format at this special url:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news.html

*** Current News ***

I have changed the price and length of our member site
subscriptions at intelligentedu.com. Here is new structure:
2 months - $10.00
4 months - $18.50
6 months - $25.50

I will give you 8 great Free Bonuses when you sign up now.
These are as follows:
1. A Comprehensive 47-page IT Glossary
2. How To Understand Windows Error Messages program
3. 105 Great Totally Free Utility Programs
4. A Bug Tracking Access
5. The Four Best IT Salary Calculator/Wizard sites
6. 12 Great Web Resources for Learning the Best Methods
    to Study and Take Tests
7. Six Great e-Books (a $120 value) to help you Make Money
    using the Internet
8. Five extra bonus IT resource sites that are the best from
    our "worth mentioning" newsletter section

Please see the FAQ (Section 9) below in this newsletter for
information about Free Access to our Member Site in November for
a limited time.

I'd like to personally wish you the best with your computer
studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

Please Visit One of Our Sponsors and request more information -
doing this gives us the resources to bring you these great free
computer and IT training resources every month:

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

Westwood College of Technology - Online:
http://tinyurl.com/1nv7

Search for IT Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvg

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

Find Computer Programming Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvj

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

American InterContinental University Online:
http://didtal.com/clk/baizhuankanliumei

Regis University Online (MBA Programs):
http://ilatpa.com/clk/ersolfmermanabung

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your
convenience
http://wesac.com/clk/solfglurtmataftatz

Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting,
Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
http://gartum.com/clk/yadenibonkiryudaibon

Computer Colleges:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvm

"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power
 - With FREE Computer Training!"

*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training. For a short FAQ, please see the end of this
newsletter.

The total price to join as a member is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

*** Free IT Training Materials and Books ***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Our Newly Researched Free Online Computer Training ***
Containing over 12,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government
agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a
coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book
will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to
receive your Free Copy:
http://intelinfo.hypermart.net/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip
(553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

Free E-Learning Courses:
http://www.elementk.com/e-learning/htm/freecourses.asp

These free self-study courses are organized into lessons, which
are then divided into modules. Several IT topics are offered
including A+, Linux, Windows 2000, Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
Access, and Cisco.

CreativeProgrammers.com:
http://www.creativeprogrammers.com/

This is a good site for programmers to share their technical
expertise. You can learn computer programming through their many
excellent articles, tutorials, and their source code repository.

Introduction to Computer Programming: Java:
http://mode.lanl.k12.nm.us/~chierico/java.pdf

This 35 page course gives you a great start with learning how to
program in Java.

A Tutorial for C++:
http://tinyurl.com/28nq

This tutorial is divided into two basic parts. The first three
chapters describe the single address space constructs in CC++ (
par, parfor, spawn, atomic, and sync). The last four chapters
describe the multiple address space constructs (processor
objects, global pointers, and data transfer functions).

On-Line Training for HTML and CGI Programming:
http://tinyurl.com/28ns

These tutorial pages are a little dated, but still will teach you
good, basic techniques to code HTML, Forms, and CGI Scripts.

Sorting and Searching Algorithms, A Cookbook:
http://epaperpress.com/sortsearch/index.html
http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Year2/PLDS210/niemann/s_man.htm

This is a collection of algorithms for sorting and searching.
Descriptions are brief and intuitive, with just enough theory
thrown in. Assumes you know C, and that you are familiar with
concepts such as arrays and pointers. The first sections
introduce basic data structures, notation, and several sorting
algorithms. These are followed by techniques for implementing
dictionaries, structures that allow efficient search, insert, and
delete operations. The last section illustrates algorithms that
sort data and implement dictionaries for very large files.

The Linux Tutorial:
http://www.linux-tutorial.info/cgi-bin/display.pl?224&0&0&0&3

This site is a detailed introduction to Linux. It is based on the
site owner's book, Linux User's Resource, with a great many
additions.

Linux Terms and Man Pages:
http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/linuxterms.html

Linux Terms, Commands and Programs, or Search for a Linux Man
Page. And here is another site with a Linux Man Page search:
http://linux.ctyme.com/

Fossil Lab:
http://fossil.wpi.edu/

This site has several good Linux tutorials covering things such
as Basic Commands, System Admin, Building A Kernel, Adding A
System Call and Linux Module. Also look at the slides and exams
with solutions here:
http://www.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/courses/3013-B01/ and course
notes here: http://www.cs.wpi.edu/~cs4513/d01/.

Free and Open Courseware Posted by MIT:
http://ocw.mit.edu

MIT announced a year ago they were planning to put the course
materials for most of the MIT courses online for free public
access. The first twenty courses are now available. These are not
on-line courses, however, the class notes, activities, graphics,
reading collections and agendas from the courses are
accessible. MIT invites educators to draw upon these materials
for their own curricula, and encourage students and learners to
use the materials for self-study. Here are their first two
computer science courses:

6.170-Laboratory in Software Engineering:
http://ocw.mit.edu/6/6.170/f01/index.html
This is a a core electrical engineering computer science course
having all of its course materials online: Lecture notes, all
assignments, and past exams have been posted. In addition, there
are a number of online resources, ranging from help guides to
programming set by set instructions for assignments, and software
tools for users.

15.053 Introduction to Optimization:
http://ocw.mit.edu/15/15.053/s02/index.html
Teaches the theory and practice of optimization. This course will
consider optimization models with applications to transportation,
logistics, manufacturing, computer science, E-business, project
management, and finance.

Unified Modeling Language Tutorial in 7 Days:
http://odl-skopje.etf.ukim.edu.mk/uml-help/

The goal of this course is to give you the basic knowledge about
UML diagrams. It consists of 7 days, 4 days have theory material,
and 3 days are practical using of learned theory.

Free Learning Resources from Perfectxml.com:

PerfectXML.com - Articles and Tutorials:
http://www.perfectxml.com/Articles.asp

XML Quiz - 50 Questions to test your XML skills:
http://www.perfectxml.com/Quiz/XMLQuiz.asp

XSLT Quiz - 35 Questions to test your XSLT skills:
http://www.perfectxml.com/Quiz/XSLTQuiz.asp

Free Online Courses and Lessons from Oracle:
http://otn.oracle.com/idevelop/online/courses/content.html

Free Training on Technology and Oracle Fundamentals, plus
Advanced "How To" Lessons. View over 100 online video and audio
classes covering technical topics in three broad areas:
 - Technology Fundamentals (Java, SQL, XML)
 - Oracle Fundamentals (Oracle9i, Application Server, Tools)
 - Advanced "How-to" Sessions (a wide range of topics)

PL/SQL Coding Techniques Course from Oracle.com:

Part 1:
http://tinyurl.com/2c1y

Part 2:
http://tinyurl.com/2c21

Part 3:
http://tinyurl.com/2c22

Part 4:
http://tinyurl.com/2c23

(referenced materials are no longer available)

Palm OS Programming: Expert Case Studies:
http://www.palmos.com/dev/training/online/course_p_3.html

This $40 course is free until Dec. 31, 2002. Enroll here:
http://www1.scotcrest.com/palmos/xt_orderform_additem.asp?sku=oltexpert-01

CertQuizzer.com:
http://certquizzer.com/default.asp

Free certification practice tests for Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA,
C/C++, and Java.

Abuzz - Software Development:
http://www.abuzz.com/category/software-development/home/prc/technology/

Questions about Java and C++? Need advice on product development?
 Through this site you can connect with other programmers, discus
innovations in the field, and review current development
strategies.

HP Invent Online:
http://www.hp-partnersine.com/inventonline/index.html
http://www.hp-partnersine.com/inventonline/hp_archives.htm

Current and Archived Web Seminars, including best practices for
web services development, voice interactive services, Linux for
developers, and integrating management into the development life
cycle.

New Free Video Lessons from CBT Nuggets:

Introduction to Using Linux:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/linux/intro_1.wvx

Linux Essentials:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/linux/essentials.wvx

Cisco IOS Basics:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/cisco/ios_basics.wvx

Intro to the OSI Reference Model:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/cisco/osi_model.wvx

ICMP Essentials:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/cisco/icmp.wvx

LAN Switching:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/cisco/lan_switching.wvx

Excel Formulas:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/mous/formulas.wvx

Customizing a Presentation in PowerPoint 2000:
http://easylink.playstream.com/cbtnuggets/mous/customizing.wvx

Understanding IP Addressing: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know:
http://tinyurl.com/2cxn

This is a comprehensive one page training tutorial on IP
Addressing.

Tutorials from Linksys:

Networking Basics:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=16

Client-Server versus Peer-to-Peer:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=17

All About Cables & Hubs:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=18

How to Wire a Network:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=20

Networking: The Big Picture:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=21

Introduction to Fast Ethernet:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=22

Learn About 100BaseFX Fiber:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=30

What is a Switch?:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=26

Free Computer Guides:
http://www.handson.ca/guides.html

These tutorial pages cover computer networking and hardware.
Also, four tutorials are offered here:
http://www.handson.ca/tutorials.html

Active Server Pages Tutorial:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnasp/html/asptutorial.asp

This two-module tutorial provides a step-by-step introduction to
several ASP features. The tutorial shows how to build sample
applications and demonstrates key concepts you'll need to
understand when developing your own ASP pages. (11 printed pages)

25 ASP Tips to Improve Performance and Style:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnasp/html/asptips.asp

This article presents tips for optimizing ASP applications and
Visual Basic Scripting (VBScript).

3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites:

Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books
page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and
some will be added to our members site.

Everyday Linux:
http://everydaylinux.com/

This Linux book will teach new users how to install and configure
Linux and to get productive with Linux applications quickly.
You?ll go through the installation process and setting up GNOME
and some of your hardware components, learning about how your
computer operates and what you can do with it now that you?re
running Linux. Then you?ll be presented with applications that
you can install and use on your system, like the GIMP, Star
Office, various games and other amusements, Internet
applications, and many more.

The LPIC-2 Exam Prep:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011019150431/scn.snow.nl/lpi/

This book teaches you Advanced Linux Administration and Linux
Networking Administration to help you pass the Linux Professional
Institute Certification (LPIC) Level 2  certification exams 201
and 202. (some of the 15 chapters are not online)

The Art of Electronic Publishing by Sandy Ressler:
http://www.prenhall.com/electronic_publishing/html/main.html

This book is a complete birds-eye view of the World Wide Web,
Internet, and the technologies involved in creating electronic
publications from them. This book provides you with background
information and practical guidance on how to surf, view, and
publish material for the Web,

Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide by David
Thomas:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/

This book is a tutorial and reference for the Ruby programming
language. The author states that when you use Ruby, and you'll
write better code, be more productive, and enjoy programming
more.

Principles of Object-Oriented Programming in Java 1.1:
http://books.iuniverse.com/viewbooks.asp?isbn=1583482180&page=1

The Practical Guide to Effective, Efficient Program Design by
James W. Cooper

Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market
Dominance:
http://www.killer-apps.com/contents/booktable1.html

This book focuses on how all businesses, even risk-averse old
line organizations, have an opportunity 'not just to survive but
to exploit dramatic changes' wrought in their markets by
technology.

C++ Programming:
http://www.pragsoft.com/cppbook/cppbook.zip

This 12 chapter book introduces C++ as an object-oriented
programming language. No previous knowledge of C or any other
programming language is assumed. Each new topic is presented so
that it can be quickly grasped. Each chapter (in .doc format)
ends with a list of exercises with answers in the appendix.
Sample code is also provided. (388kb)

The Macmillan Visual C++ 6 Frankenbook:
http://saturn.med.nyu.edu/~hewz/html/vc6/index.html

This is an online compilation of sample chapters from best-
selling books, providing tips on the Visual C++ environment,
creating and designing dialog boxes and menus for your
application, using and creating controls, and database
programming. The goal of this Frankenbook is to provide answers
and solutions to your questions and problems.

The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer Technology:
http://www.wise.com/ebook

This eBook gives you an in-depth look at understanding this
technology, its impact on your organization, and how to
successfully integrate it into your application deployment and
migration plans. Chapter 1 is currently available, and future
chapters will be posted as they are written. (free registration
required)

Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge:
http://www.swebok.org/documents/Trial_1_00/Trial_Version1_00_SWEBOK_Guide.pdf

This is the current public version of the Guide to the Software
Engineering Body of Knowledge. This Guide will seek to identify
and describe that subset of the body of knowledge that is
generally accepted, even though software engineers must be
knowledgeable not only in software engineering, but also, of
course, in other related disciplines. (219 pages, 1.5 mb)

Beyond Software Architecture: Creating and Sustaining Winning
Solutions:
http://www.lukehohmann.com/books/bizswarch

This book represents the insights the author has learned about
creating winning software solutions in the context of a business.
It will help you create and sustain winning solutions by focusing
on the practical, nuts-and-bolts choices that must be made by the
development team in a wide variety of areas.

Free Book Excerpts from vsdotnetguru.com:
http://www.vsdotnetguru.com/

Some of the free chapters that are available on this site:
Building Windows Forms, Peripheral and ActiveX Controls,
Accessing XML Documents, Events and EventHandling, and Object
Syntax.

Sample Book Chapters:
http://www.programmersheaven.com/other/BookSamples/index.htm

Read free book chapters from these books: Professional Open
Source Web Services, Professional Apache Tomcat, Professional
PHP4 XML, Beginning XSLT, Beginning XML, Professional JavaScript,
and many .Net books.

4) University Computer Science Course Sites
   Free to Browse and Study:

These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course
Webs page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat3.html

CS 265r. Database Systems:
http://www.courses.fas.harvard.edu/~cs265/

This Harvard University database source covers: network,
relational, and object-oriented database models, system
architectures, transaction processing, system implementation, and
SQL. Good lecture notes on database systems and administration
are here:
http://www.courses.fas.harvard.edu/~cs265/lectures/index.html

Lectures for Object-Oriented Programming and Design:
http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/cs497/lectures.html

Learn to think in objects, to learn how to design flexible,
reusable, maintainable object-oriented systems, and learn
Smalltalk. After focusing on Smalltalk, the course then teaches
designs, covering various design patterns and frameworks.

CEN 5035 Software Engineering:
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/class/cen5035/

This course covers: Software Processes, Project Planning,
Requirements, Prototyping, Architectural Design, Object Oriented
Design, Software Testing, Software Change, Process Improvement,
and more. Here are the lecture notes:
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/class/cen5035/lecture_notes.html

725-311-0 Data Structures and Data Management:
http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/courses/cs311/

This course teaches the design, implementation, and analysis of
abstract data types, data structures and their algorithms. Topics
include: data and procedural abstraction, linked lists, stacks,
queues, binary trees, searching, and sorting.

EE360P- Interfacing to Operating System:
http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/EE360P/index.html

Very good notes and examples for learning about operating
systems, introduction to IBM-PC hardware architecture,,
interrupts, DMA, Real-time programming in C/C++, Process and
processor management scheduling, Memory management, I/O device
drivers, and File system management.

12.4AU1 Computer Graphics:
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~dml/cgonline/hyper00/header.html

A Course in three-dimensional Computer Graphics. Click on the
Contents link to learn how to produce realistic images of three-
dimensional scenes using Modeling, View Definition, and
Rendering. Here is the introductory Computer Graphics course:
http://www.ece.eps.hw.ac.uk/~dml/cgonline/hyper99/intro.html

5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month
we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from
our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:

Topstaging Software Tech:
http://www.topstaging.com/down_ITlectures.htm

IT Lectures and Slides about Computer Basics, Networking, E-
Commerce, Oracle and Data Modeling.

ITPasszone.com:
http://www.itpasszone.com/

This site has free practice certification exam questions with
answers. And this page has more practice questions with answers:
http://www.itpasszone.net/demos/

Help2Go.com:

Help2Go Computer Guides:
http://www.help2go.com/cat.php?cat=1

Hardware Computer Guides:
http://www.help2go.com/list.php?cat=3&sort=title

Windows Computer Guides:
http://www.help2go.com/list.php?cat=5&sort=title

SAP Hints and Tips on Configuration and Abap/4 Programming:
http://sapr3.tripod.com

Configuration modules on Material Management, Production
Planning, Sales and Distribution, Financial, Controlling and
Basis Components as well as ABAP/4 Programming. This following
site also has some good free training materials for SAP's Human
Resources (HR) Module:
http://www.atomhr.com/know_preview/index.htm

6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:

These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page
at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat6.html

BoxSource Network:
http://tutorials.boxsource.net/

This is a comprehensive hand-indexed computer reference network
giving you a large free tutorial resource. Free tutorials ranging
from programming in C, C++, and Java to Web page design,
hardware, and more. Learn computer basics, or advanced computer
topics.

IT Learning Materials:
http://www.itlearningmaterials.com/

Free Online Training, Daily Updated News, Step by Step Internet
Skills, a pretty good link and resource site.

The New MCSE WebZone:
http://freespace.virgin.net/glynn.etherington/photo.htm

Has some good MCSE certification study and preparation web links.

Computer Science Career Guide:
http://www.khake.com/page17.html

This site has a wealth of web resources to help with learning
about many programming and IT subjects.

7) New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites:

These web sites will be added to of Free Office and Desktop
Training page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/office.html . Also,
check out our expanded MS Office 2000 Free Training page here:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/office_2000.html

uBid Tech Help:
http://www.service911.com/ubid/more_cl/1,,10+57,00.html

Lots and lots of  free online MS Office and Desktop tutorials,
video training, and FAQs.

Microsoft Access 2000 Tutorial:
http://www.hanover.k12.va.us/ahs/MicrosoftTutorial/microsoft_access_2000_tutorial.htm

Learn how to use the seven main components Access 2000: Tables,
Forms, Reports, Queries, HTML Pages, Macros, and Modules.

Microsoft Project Tutorials:

5 Lesson MS Project Tutorial:
http://www.stylusinc.net/ms_project_tutorial/lesson1.shtml

Microsoft Project 2000 tutorials, video training, and FAQs:
http://www.service911.com/ubid/topic/1,,10+57+26167,00.html

Microsoft Project 2000 Articles:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2000/ALproject.aspx

Tips and Tricks for Microsoft Project 2000:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2000/tipsproject.aspx

Using Microsoft Project:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/9798/projht14.aspx

MS Office Training Tutorials from UIS.edu:

Beginning Word 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/begwd.pdf

Intermediate Word 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/intwd.pdf

Using Tables in Word 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/tables.pdf

Mail Merge 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/merge.pdf

Templates and Forms:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/tempform.pdf

Beginning PowerPoint 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/begpp.pdf

Intermediate PowerPoint 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/intpp.pdf

Database Design - Learn to design a database before constructing
one:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/databasedesign.pdf

Beginning Access 2000:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/begaccess.pdf
Covers creating tables, setting field properties, data entry,
creating data entry forms, running simple and multiple criteria
based queries, creating mailing labels, and creating reports

Intermediate Access 1:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/intaccess1.pdf
Covers establishing relationships between tables of information
and creating forms comprised of fields from several related
tables.

Intermediate Access 2:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/intaccess2.pdf
Covers importing form Excel, export to Excel, advanced queries
and calculations.

CTL Technology Training Access Tips:
http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/tips/access.htm

8) I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning:

Soft-Central.net
http://www.soft-central.net/

Excellent free software programs to download.

The Top 20 Computer Security Risks:
http://www.sans.org/top20/#index

Working together, the FBI, the SANS Institute and the NIPC have
put together a consensus list of the 20 most critical Internet
security vulnerabilities.

Decode Event IDs:
http://www.eventid.net/

Windows Events Logs are a great troubleshooting resource but
decoding those Event IDs can be tedious. This free site makes it
way easier.

9) Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training:

Each month Scott Turton will answer one of the frequently asked
questions we receive about computer and IT training and career
development.

November 2002 FAQ: Is there any way I can get a free use of your
member site for a limited time?

Answer:

Yes, I will be sending out a special email message to all of our
newsletter subscribers sometime during the month of November
giving everyone free access to our member site via a special user
ID and password. This will be good for about 5 days, giving you
enough time to evaluate it and decide if it meets your needs.

Scott Turton
Computer Education, Training & Tutorial Resources
http://www.intelligentedu.com

10) Please Support Our Training Mission

http://www.intelligentedu.com/support.html

How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission

Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and
Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below. By doing so, you
will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an
Information Technology career.

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

The Chubb Institute: Get IT training to succeed in 5 months!
http://burah.com/clk/zhaoduanqiegenyo

Search for IT Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvg

Computer Colleges:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvm

American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your
convenience
http://wesac.com/clk/solfglurtmataftatz

Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting,
Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
http://gartum.com/clk/yadenibonkiryudaibon

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

American InterContinental University Online:
http://didtal.com/clk/baizhuankanliumei

Regis University Online (MBA Programs):
http://ilatpa.com/clk/ersolfmermanabung

Jacksonville University Online (RN to BSN Programs):
http://ivibra.com/clk/niuxietudangshai

Animated Tour of Sessions.edu:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/sessions.html

Online Courses - eLearners.com:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/elearners.html

eLearners.com is your key to online distance learning courses,
degrees. Search 27,000+ online & distance learning courses,
degrees, training programs and colleges.

Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources

http://www.intelligentedu.com/
Free I.T. Training Now!

A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web
site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many,
many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science
students and instructors and others seeking free training and
knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from
programming to systems administration to networking to the
internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and
I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides,
documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are
free technical training tutorials co-branded with
Beginners.uk.co. Check us out today.

Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked
are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are
expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices.
Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a
copyright notice is present.

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ:

1. Over half of the web sites and pages in our members site are
not in the free section of our web site. The online training
resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much
more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will
save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.

2. If you use a credit card when joining, it will be billed by
Verotel. When your membership period expires, you will be asked
if you want to renew your membership, you will not be
automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.

3. You can also use PayPal to sign-up as a member of
Intelligentedu.com, just use this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/become_a_member.html>. If you
register to pay $10.00 (for 2 months access) via PayPal using
this method, simply tell us in the 'Special Instructions' what
you want for your user name and password.

4. If your country is not listed in the drop-down list, please
use 2checkout.com to register as an intelligentedu.com site member
using this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/intelinfo_member.html>. I will
then send you an email asking what you would like to use for your
user name and password.

The total price to join our member's site is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months, or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email
Scott Turton with questions at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
intelinfo-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You will need to reply to a confirming email.)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
(no need to confirm)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html