August 2002 Computer IT Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Aug 2002 23:00:46 -0500

         Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

           *** ISSUE #24 - August 2002 ***

               http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in early September, 2002 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter24.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites

8)... I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning

9)... Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training

10)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello, everyone and welcome to our new subscribers! This is the
24th issue of our free monthly email newsletter for Computer IT
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources, giving you the latest
Free online IT Training Resources that we have recently
discovered and researched. This newsletter is free to anyone
subscribing (instructions at bottom, no username/password is
needed). To access our member site, however, you do need a user
name and password - registering as a member of Intelligentedu.com
costs $10 for six months, for more information please see below
'Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com'.

My desire is that these free resources will help you with your
computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT
career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate
who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and
from a user's perspective.

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 70 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this
email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites
before our web site visitors do.

*** Current News ***

Here are 81 Free Web Seminars in August 2002 from Microsoft,
Oracle and Rational:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/it_training_materials_and_books/free_current_seminars.html

Here are our latest free training pages for newsletter
subscribers and site members only:

Database Design:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/it_training_materials_and_books/free_database_design_training_materials.html

Oracle Applications and Financial Applications:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/it_training_materials_and_books/free_oracle_applications_training_materials.html

VB.NET:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/it_training_materials_and_books/free_vb_net_training_materials.html

MFC and Visual C++:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/it_training_materials_and_books/free_mfc_visual_c++__training_materials.html

I'd like to personally wish you the best of luck with your
computer studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

Please Visit Our Sponsor:

You can balance both career and education with the University of
Phoenix degree program, which is 100% online! More working
professionals attend the University of Phoenix than any other
private university in the United States.

We thought you'd like to know.
http://iparda.com/clk/komukugyushudaibanteda

*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training. For a short FAQ, please see the end of this
newsletter.

The total price to join as a member is only $10 total for 6
months. The funds generated will assist us to help all those
seeking IT education and application development training. Here's
the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign
up: http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

*** Free IT Training Materials and Books ***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Our Newly Researched Free Online Computer Training ***
Containing over 13,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government
agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a
coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book
will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to
receive your Free Copy:
http://intelinfo.hypermart.net/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip
(553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

An Interactive C Tutorial:
http://kdat.csc.calpoly.edu/~ltauck/THESIS/Title_Page.html

This thesis project is a C tutorial for novice programmers. The
materials within the C Tutorial were developed to be used as a
supplement to an introductory C course. They include animations,
imagemaps, and interactive quizzes.

Free Online Courses from Hewlett Packard:
http://www.hplearningcenter.com/BaseServlet/home

Courses included in their software & technology section are
these: Adobe Photoshop 6 basics, Advanced Microsoft Word for
Windows, Building your first web page, Digital photography for
your business, Guide to practical desktop publishing,
Introduction to Macromedia Dreamweaver Scanning basics, and
Wireless networking solutions. Free registration is required.

TTS: Online Course Materials:
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/training/materials/

These freely available training materials cover Web Page Design,
Authoring HTML, Advanced HTML, JavaScript, Flash, Dreamweaver,
Ethernet, Managing Web Projects, Train the Trainer, and Windows
Command Prompt.

Web Design Tutorials:
http://cs104.cs.uwindsor.ca/60-270/tutorials.html

These excellent tutorials cover XHTML, Style Sheets, Javascript,
DOM, Cookies, ActiveX & VBScript, Embedding Multimedia, E-
Commerce & Security,  Web Servers, Server Side Scripting, and
XML.

A Crash Course in UML and Object Design:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs032/lectures/mjblecture02.pdf

C++ Mini-Course:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs032/lectures/cs32-feb5.pdf

C++ Mini-Course, Part 2:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs032/lectures/cs32-feb7.pdf

Advanced WWW Programming:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/Courses/comp118/

The lessons in this free online course include the Internet, WWW
Architecture, WWW Page Preparation, Perl, and Java. These lessons
are very well presented and coherent.

Online Course Lessons from Digital University:

Beginning SQL:
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_dusql.htm

Database Design:
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_dudd.htm

Perl Fundamentals and CGI Programming:
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_duperl.htm
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_dupcgi.htm

Programming Java, Part 1 & 2:
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_dujava1.htm
http://www.nowl.com/training/lessons_dujava2.htm

Oracle Applications Portal:
http://www.rchath.com/

This site contains archives of articles and postings addressing
problems and solutions of Oracle Application issues. These
include Oracle Financials, Oracle Human Resource Management
System, Oracle Manufacturing, Oracle Self-Service Web
Application, Project Accounting. Also DBA and Developer and
Designer 2000 issues are covered.

Linux Kernel Analysis HOWTO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/KernelAnalysis-HOWTO.html

This document tries to explain some things about the Linux
Kernel, such as the most important components, how they work, and
so on. This HOWTO should help prevent the reader from needing to
browse all the kernel source files searching for the "right
function," declaration, and definition, and then linking each to
the other. Robert Arcomano (Author)

Bash Shell Tutorial:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/abs-guide.pdf

This document is both a tutorial and a reference on shell
scripting with Bash. It assumes no previous knowledge of
scripting or programming, but progresses rapidly toward an
intermediate/advanced level of instruction. The exercises and
heavily-commented examples invite active reader participation.

New Linux Documentation Project Documents:

Creating Integrated High Quality Linux Applications HOWTO:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HighQuality-Apps-HOWTO/

Introduction to Backing Up and Restoring Data:
http://www.tldp.org/REF/INTRO/Backup-INTRO/index.html

Introduction to Intrusion Protection and Network Security:
http://www.tldp.org/REF/INTRO/Intrusion-INTRO/index.html

Introduction to Physical Security and Security of Services:
http://www.tldp.org/REF/INTRO/PhysSecurity-INTRO/index.html

Introduction to Securing Data in Transit:
http://www.tldp.org/REF/INTRO/SecuringData-INTRO/index.html

Introduction to Viruses & Virus Hoaxes:
http://www.tldp.org/REF/INTRO/Virus-INTRO/index.html

Here are all of the Linux HOWTOs:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/index.html

Introduction to PHP Objects, Part 1:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2002/07/18/php_foundations.html

John Coggeshall shows how to do object-oriented scripting with
PHP on O'Reilly. " In today's column, I'll be introducing one of
the more interesting and useful methods of writing PHP scripts --
the object-oriented method.

Secrets of the XML developer elite: Derrick Bell
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-secrtdb.html

Software architect Derrick Bell advises XML developers to mind
their XML vocabulary and syntax when designing XML solutions. In
this second of a series of articles that share advice from
experienced XML developers, Bell gives his opinion of XML Schema,
XML patterns, and the importance of remembering the XML basics.

Training Paths for Career Growth:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011122193826/http://www.keller.com/curric/
This archived site has some good training material to help you
learn what you need (some graphics are missing).

Apache for WebMasters:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010715215047/www.keller.com/apache/index.html

Thinking In Objects:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010530065700/www.keller.com/tio/

CGI Scripting with Perl:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010430141601/www.keller.com/perlweb/

Javascript for Programmers:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010428093358/www.keller.com/javascript/

Using Databases on the Web:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010804123806/www.keller.com/dbweb/

Java Jumpstart:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010607233839/http://www.keller.com/java/

Hands On XML:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010803095530/www.keller.com/xml/

Novell Connection:
http://www.ncmag.com/past/index.html

You can access all of the current and past articles of this
magazine online in pdf format. This is a must have for anyone
interested in or actively learning Novell technology. Another
great Novell learning resource is Appnotes at
http://developer.novell.com/research, giving you tips and tricks
on using the products and solving real problems.

Hacking and Network Defense Guide:
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/clearsales_cgi/leadgen.htm?form_id=4501

Fortify your network with VeriSign Security Training - get your
free, comprehensive guide detailing:
 - The Hacker Profile
 - Anatomy of an Attack
 - Top Ten Ways to Secure Against Attack
 - Seven Questions to Test Your Security
 - The Future of Hacking

Fravo.com:
http://www.fravo.com/SECURE/Free.htm

Free Windows 2000 test engine with all the practice questions for
exam 70-215. Their COMPLETE 70-215 test engine absolutely Free -
all you need to pass the 70-215 exam. As well as samples of all
our other test engines (70-210, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221,
224, 228, 229, 270).

Examnotes.net:
http://www.examnotes.net

Examnotes.net now has study guides available for free for most of
the major IT certification exams. You need to register first.

Fred's Fast Cram:
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com/

Study notes for the following certification exams:

CompTIA i-Net+:
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com/i-Net+2002FC.htm

CompTIA A+ Operating System Technologies:
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com/A+2001OSFC.htm

CompTIA A+ Core Hardware:
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com/A+2001CHFC.htm

CIW Foundations:
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com/CIWFoundationsFC.htm

Dave's IT Certification Helps:
http://www.lilligren.com/it/

The 2 best study pages here are these:

Dave's Study Tips for the Cisco CCNA 640-607 Exam:
http://www.lilligren.com/cisco/daveccna.htm

Dave's Notes on MCSE Exam 70-219, Designing a Microsoft Windows
2000 Directory Services Infrastructure:
http://www.lilligren.com/mcse/70219.htm

Database Systems: The Complete Book:
http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/dscb.html

The home page for this book includes 2 chapters and many notes
and slides. An online guide is also available as a first course
for the Oracle Database here:
http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/fcdb/oracle.html

Software Development Online: Articles:
http://www.sdmagazine.com/articles/

Search for articles in past issues of Software Development
Magazine. These include some very good technical and helpful
articles to learn software development.

Fawcette.com - Magazine Back Issue Archives:
http://www.fawcette.com/archives/

Now, for the first time, all 17,000+ back issue archives from the
leading technical magazines for developers and IT management are
available for free in one place!

JavaPro Online Magazine Articles:
http://www.fawcette.com/archives/magazines/javapro/

.NET Online Magazine Articles:
http://www.fawcette.com/archives/magazines/dotnetmag/

Visual Studio Online Articles:
http://www.fawcette.com/archives/magazines/vsm/

XML Online Magazine Articles:
http://www.fawcette.com/archives/magazines/xmlmag/

Harvard Manage Mentor:
http://216.54.96.162/Harvardmm/menu.htm

Here you'll get 24 online courses for learning soft skills such
as coaching, delegating, leading and motivating, project
management, running a meeting, setting goals, solving business
problems, and writing for business.

Digital Photography: A Free Online Course:
http://www.photocourse.com/

A new approach to teaching and learning digital photography on
the Internet. This site teaches digital photography, and shows
you all the various ways and technologies that are used.

Rational Rose Tutorial:
http://www.rational.com/media/products/rose/tryit/rosetutorial.exe

This tutorial is distributed as a self extracting archive file
that is meant to be placed on the hard drive of the machine that
Rose 2000 is installed on. It contains a complete working
application. Working with the source code requires Microsoft
Visual Basic 6 and Microsoft Visual C++ 6. It guides you through
the steps to develop a real world solution to a complex business
problem using Rose 2000 and Rose 2001. (File download size is
5.6MB).  Here are some more free learning materials for Rational
Rose:
UML Quick Reference for Rational Rose:
http://www.rational.com/uml/resources/quick/index.jsp

Rational Rose User Manuals:
http://www.rational.com/support/documentation/manuals/docset149/index.jsp#roseunix

15 Day Free Rational Rose 2000e Evaluation Edition:
http://www.rational.com/uml/resources/practice_uml/index.jsp

3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites

Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books
page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and
some will be added to our members site.

apiitstaff.apiit.edu.my - /research/Full Books/:
http://apiitstaff.apiit.edu.my/research/Full%20Books/

This site contains free online books (in pdf format) in these
categories: Communication Engineering, Computer Networks,
Education, Internet, Mathematics, Other Books, Physics, and
Programming. This directory:
http://apiitstaff.apiit.edu.my/research/ also contains some
interesting content.

Ebone Community:
http://ebone.at/files.php?show=Books

35 free IT books you can download in zip format (and more in
German). These cover many areas, including C, CGI, ActiveX and
VBScript, Visual Basic, C++, Perl, Flash and Dreamweaver.

Free Chapters from the book, UML Distilled:

Chapter 1: Introduction:
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-32563-2/umldist-chap1.html

Chapter 3: Use Cases:
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-32563-2/umldist-chap3.html

Chapter 6: Interaction Diagrams:
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-32563-2/umldist-chap6.html

Further Material:
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-89542-0/awweb.htm

Free Chapters from the book, Visual Modeling with Rational Rose
and UML:

Chapter 3: Creating use Cases - Discusses the techniques used to
examine system behavior from a use case approach.
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-31016-3/chp3.pdf

Chapter 11: Designing the System Architecture - An introduction
to the concepts and notation needed to specify and document the
system architecture.
http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-31016-3/chp11.pdf

Oracle Documentation:
http://sandbox.aiss.uiuc.edu/oracle/

This site has manuals and books for the following: Oracle
Applications, Oracle 8.1.6, Oracle, Oracle Forms Developer,
Deploying Forms Applications to the Web (Oracle9i Application
Server), Guidelines for Building Applications (Oracle Forms
Developer and Reports Developer Release 6i), Publishing Reports
to the Web with Oracle9i Application Server, and Solaris 7 and 8.

Oracle Applications Release 11i Documentation:
http://www.oracle.com/appsnet/members/docs/documentation.html

Lots and lots of manuals covering all of the Oracle Applications,
including Financials, Business Intelligence, HRMS/Payroll,
Internet Business, Manufacturing and Service Applications. (free
registration required)

The Definitive Guide to SQL Server Performance Optimization:
http://ebook.precise.com/

This is Realtimepublishers? new free resource for SQL Server.
Written by industry expert Don Jones, this eBook will provide
guidance and examples to illustrate the different performance
optimization tactics for SQL Server. It is posted chapter by
chapter as it is written in order to provide the most up-to-date
information. Free registration is required.

Brian and Tom's Linux Book:
http://www.orbdesigns.com/bpages/btlb/btlb_toc.html

This 27 chapter, free online book about Linux is very thorough.
Chapter categories include Installation, The OpenLinux GUI,
Knowing the Command Line, System Security, and Working with Linux
Servers.

Writing Bug-Free C Code:
http://www.duckware.com/bugfreec/

This book describes an alternate class methodology that provides
complete data hiding and fault-tolerant run-time type checking of
objects in C programs. With it, you will produce code that
contains fewer bugs.

GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition:
http://www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt/
This is the first book on Python and Qt. It is for beginning
software developers who have chosen Python because it allows them
to become productive quickly and also for experienced developers
who have been coding in Visual Basic, Delphi or Java, and who now
need something more productive and portable.

Practical PostgreSQL:
http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/

This book is about PostgreSQL, one of the most successful open
source databases available. It is intended to be a practical
guide and is focused on getting you comfortable with PostgreSQL
in the most expedient fashion possible. The focus is on getting
you comfortable with PostgreSQL and to provide you with enough
understanding to manage a fully operational PostgreSQL database.

Parsing Techniques - A Practical Guide:
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dick/PTAPG.html

This 320-page book treats parsing in its own right, in greater
depth than is found in most computer science and linguistics
books. It offers a clear, accessible, and thorough discussion of
many different parsing techniques with their interrelations and
applicabilities, including error recovery techniques.

Mastering Enterprise JavaBeans, 2nd Edition:
http://theserverside.com/books/masteringEJB

Getr your free copy of this bestselling book, now completely
revised and updated. Renowned authorities on Enterprise JavaBeans
(EJB), Ed Roman and his team deliver an indispensable developer's
perspective on what is fast becoming the dominant technology for
building server-side applications.

EJB Design Patterns:
http://www.theserverside.com/books/EJBDesignPatterns

This book goes beyond high-level design pattern descriptions into
critical EJB-specific implementation issues, illustrated with
source code implementations. The book contains a catalog of
twenty advanced EJB patterns and provides strategies for mapping
application requirements to patterns-driven design

Thinking In Python:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

You can download the current version of this book. Note that this
is not an introductory Python book. This book assumes you've
learned the basics of Python elsewhere.

Thinking In C#:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICSharp

This free download is a preliminary release of this new book. It
is expressly written to emphasize the use of a command-line
compiler, which is available for free from The .NET Framework SDK
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/s
ample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml> or
from Mono <http://www.go-mono.com/> for Linux programmers.

An Introduction to Cryptography:
http://sandbox.aiss.uiuc.edu/security/IntroToCrypto.pdf

This is an excellent 88 page guide giving you the basics of
cryptography and also an introduction to PGP.

Software Development Guidelines:
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_softeng/softDevGuide_contents.html

This is a guide for software source code quality. These
guidelines apply to anyone who creates, modifies, or reads
software source code. addresses general and language-specific
topics. The general concepts apply on any project regardless of
any implementation details. The language specific topics will
apply to a project once a given programming language has been
chosen for the project.

The CVS Book:
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/

Access for free chapters 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10 from the book,
Open Source Development with CVS. These chapters are a complete
introduction, tutorial and reference to CVS, containing 225
pages.

The Psychology of Menu Selection: Designing Cognitive Control at
the Human/Computer Interface:
http://www.lap.umd.edu/POMSFolder/POMSHome.html

This book, the first entirely devoted to this important form of
human/computer interaction, provides detailed theoretical and
empirical information of interest to software designers and
human/computer interaction specialists and researchers.

Que's Digital Bookshelf - Computer Books Online:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970813111025/www.mcp.com/que/bookshelf/

This is an archive of Que's once free online computer book site.
30 books here are still available for free, though somewhat
dated. These contain over 20,000 pages of information covering
topics such as Web Publishing, Internet Programming, Programming
Languages, Networking, and more. Here are some of them:

Special Edition Using JavaScript (1000 pages):
http://web.archive.org/web/19970813111907/www.mcp.com/que/et/se_javascript/

Complete Idiot's Guide to JavaScript, Second Edition:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970814044528/www.mcp.com/que/new_users/cig-jscript2e/toc.htm

Special Edition Using HTML, 2nd Edition:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970813111808/www.mcp.com/que/et/se_html2/

Special Edition Using CGI:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970813111808/http://www.mcp.com/que/et/se_cgi/index.html

Special Edition Using VRML:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970813111808/http://www.mcp.com/que/et/se_vrml/index.html

4) University Computer Science Course Sites
   Free to Browse and Study:

These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course
Webs page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat3.html

Course Home Pages for UNC-CH Computer Science:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/Courses/

Some of these courses have very good slides presentations you can
study and learn from. Courses with slides cover Computer
Organization, Algorithms and Analysis, Programming Language
Concepts, Multimedia Networking, Enterprise Computing, and
Computer Vision, .

Systematic Programming (Java):
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~weiss/COMP114/BOOK/BookChapters.html

This is the textbook for COMP114: Foundations of Programming,
written by Donald F. Stanat and Stephen F. Weiss. It covers all
the important aspects of learning Java.

Systems Analysis I -- Lectures:
http://asgard.kent.edu/systems1/lecnotes.htm

These are excellent slides to learn and study systems analysis.
Many topics are covered, including data, object, process and
networking modeling, system design and construction, and
application architecture and process design.

CT20402E Storage and Retrieval Module Study Guide:
http://mercury.tvu.ac.uk/str/#sessions

These are the freely available learning sessions for this online
database course. It covers relational databases, SQL, storage
schemes, and introduction to OODB.

These pages have more free online courses with notes and
reference materials from Thames Valley University:

Module Web Pages/Study Guides:
http://mercury.tvu.ac.uk/modules.html

Course Web Pages:
http://mercury.tvu.ac.uk/courses.html

5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month
we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from
our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:

Keres Manuals - Learn Easily Any Computer Subject
http://7mares.terravista.pt/keresmanuais/index_eng.html

Free Books and Tutorials covering many computer subjects - all
files are zipped, just download them. Many areas are covered,
including ASP, Database, C/C++, Graphics, Java, LInux, MCSE, PHP,
Networking and Visual Basic. A lot of books here.

Documents:
http://cntt.vdc.com.vn/documents/

Free Books: Perl 5 Unleashed, Special Edition Using Microsoft SQL
Server 6.5 Second Edition, Special Edition
Using CGI, Web Programming Unleashed. Networking tutorials are
linked from the home page at http://cntt.vdc.com.vn/.

Winning Systems - Freebee VB Enrolment:
http://www.winsysglobal.com/forms/freebee_vb.shtm

This free offer is not the typical ?sampler?, but a full Visual
Basic project on which you?ll be fully supported by a
professional VB/ VBA consultant. Provides all the knowledge
you?ll need to carry out a practical project. At the end you'll
have created working applications in both VB and VBA. The set
includes all the supporting resources such as demo programs and
movies and you can even request a CDR with a working copy of
Visual Basic v6 if you don?t have the program.

Learning JavaScript for Beginners
http://www.javascriptmall.com/

This is a nice tutorial training site for JavaScript containing
14 lessons with 4 appendices.

neednotes:
http://www.ineednotes.4t.com

Online Notes & Presentations about IT topics such as Networking,
Oracle, Multi-Media, Software Engineering, and E-Commerce.

geocities.com/crazy_u2001:
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_u2001/index.html

Introduction to Information Technology covering, at a high level,
Computer History, Adobe Photoshop, Data Structures, Systems
Analysis, Systems Design.

6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:

These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page
at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat6.html

White Paper Collection:
http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/whitepapers

This site contains links to useful technical vendor articles as
free "white papers". There are hundreds here, covering topics
such as Web development, network admin, security, .NET and much
more too. It's worth a minute to check out.

NETWORK.US : Top > General Networking:
http://www.network.us/browse.php?pg_which=2&cat=1

Links to several good Networking Tutorials.

Advanced Placement Computer Science:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010808071035/http://149.43.80.141/CSLabWebPages/APCSWebPage/APCS.html

These are mostly C++ tutorials and training materials.

SecurityFocus ONLINE Library Archive:
http://online.securityfocus.com/library

SecurityFocus provides a comprehensive free database of security
knowledge and resources. These resources cover security
categories such as access control, authentication, computer
crime, cryptography, e-commerce, incident handling, operating
systems, standards, and vulnerabilities.

Daypop search - computer tutorial:
http://www.daypop.com/search?q=computer+tutorial&search=Search&t=a

This site searches 7500 news sites for current events. The above
search returns 64 results for computer tutorials. You can try
other search terms, such as "howto program".

7) New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites:

These web sites will be added to of Free Office and Desktop
Training page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/office.html . Also,
check out our expanded MS Office 2000 Free Training page here:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/office_2000.html

BowNET Support Tutorials:
http://www.bownet.org/fcc/Tutorials.htm

Tutorials covering MS Office, FrontPage, Video, Photoshop,
Windows, and more.

MS Office Tutorials:

Excel 2000 (780k):
http://itmentor.ifas.ufl.edu/documents/excel2000.pdf

Frontpage 2000 (2700k):
http://itmentor.ifas.ufl.edu/documents/frontpage2000.pdf

PowerPoint 2000 (1380k)
http://itmentor.ifas.ufl.edu/documents/powerpoint2000.pdf

Word 2000 (1167k):
http://itmentor.ifas.ufl.edu/documents/word2000.pdf

PC Basics (179k):
http://itmentor.ifas.ufl.edu/documents/pc_basics.pdf

Help Sheets:
http://www.bsu.edu/ucslabs/SoftwareHelp/

These 3-page help sheets are a great reference tool to assist you
in learning MS Office applications. Also covered are FrontPage
2000, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, Netscape, and PC
Troubleshooting.

Creating Presentations:
http://www.slais.ubc.ca/courses/libr500/winter2000/presenta.htm

This is a link resources page to many good tutorials and articles
about using PowerPoint to create well designed presentations.

Carol's Access Lessons:
http://www.bus.miami.edu/~cvillar/access/access.htm

These lessons cover Introduction to Database & Database Design,
Introduction to Access, Database & Tables, Forms, Reports, and
Queries.

These Office XP Guides are designed to assist in evaluating
Microsoft Office XP applications. They contain information on the
new and improved capabilities of the application, examples of how
you can access them, and in some instances screenshots.

Access:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/evaluation/AccessPG.doc

Excel:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/evaluation/ExcelPG.doc

FrontPage:
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/evaluation/FPguide.doc

PowerPoint:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/powerpoint/evaluation/PptPG.doc

Word:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/word/evaluation/WordPG.doc

8) I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning:

Lecture Gives Unique Insight Into Linux:
http://www.itwales.com/news/btlect.htm

Video of a lecture by Alan Cox and Dick Porter. It includes a
view of the history of the Linux operating system, and the free
software movement behind it, plus an assessment of where Linux is
now, and a look at the future needs and challenges of the
operating system.

Wireless Security Blackpaper:
http://arstechnica.com/paedia/w/wireless/security-1.html

While many people don't know exactly what the weaknesses are,
most have accepted the prevailing wisdom that wireless networks
are inherently insecure and nothing can be done about it. Can
wireless networks be deployed securely today? What exactly are
the security holes in the current standard, and how do they work?
Where is wireless security headed in the future? This article
attempts to shed light on these questions and others about
wireless networking security in an enterprise environment.

Osborne McGraw-Hill Free Downloads - Samples and Code:
http://www.osborne.com/downloads/downloads.shtml

At this site you can freely access all of the samples and code of
Osborne McGraw-Hill's IT books. Also, download Oracle Press
related source code from the Oracle Press Books Online Downloads
here: http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/oraclepress/downloads.html

9) Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training:

Each month Scott Turton will answer one of the frequently asked
questions we receive about computer and IT training and career
development.

There is no FAQ this month.

10) Please Support Our Training Mission

http://www.intelligentedu.com/support.html

How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission

Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and
Training Mission. By doing so, you will be helping people who
want to learn to use computers in an Information Technology
career.

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

The Chubb Institute: Get IT training to succeed in 5 months!
http://burah.com/clk/zhaoduanqiegenyo

House of Education: Prestigious Technology Training
http://ipodra.com/clk/zinendspogmertworie

Computer Liquidation Sale: Click here:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/liquidation_sale.html

Animated Tour of Sessions.edu:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/sessions.html

Online Courses - eLearners.com:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/elearners.html

eLearners.com is your key to online distance learning courses,
degrees. Search 27,000+ online & distance learning courses,
degrees, training programs and colleges.

Norton SystemWorks 2002 Professional Edition

This featured-packed suite of 6 full-version products includes:
Norton AntiVirus, Norton Utilities, Norton CleanSweep, Norton
Ghost, GoBack? WinFax Basic.
$300 Retail Value for Only...$28.99
**ORDER NOW with FREE SHIPPING, before supplies run out**
http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/norton_systemworks.html

Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources

http://www.intelligentedu.com/
Free I.T. Training Now!

A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web
site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many,
many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science
students and instructors and others seeking free training and
knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from
programming to systems administration to networking to the
internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and
I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides,
documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are
free technical training tutorials co-branded with
Beginners.uk.co. Check us out today.

Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked
are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are
expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices when
present.

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ:

1. Over half of the web sites and pages in our members site are
not in the free section of our web site. The online training
resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much
more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will
save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.

2. If you use a credit card when joining, it will be billed by
Verotel. When your membership period expires, you will be asked
if you want to renew your membership, you will not be
automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.

3. You can also use PayPal to sign-up as a member of
Intelligentedu.com, just use this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/become_a_member.html>. If you
register to pay $10.00 via PayPal using this method, simply tell
us in the 'Special Instructions' what you want for your user name
and password.

4. If your country is not listed in the drop-down list, please
use 2checkout.com to register as an intelligentedu.com site member
using this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/intelinfo_member.html>. I will
then send you an email asking what you would like to use for your
user name and password.

The total price to join our member's site is only $10 total for 6
months. The funds generated will assist us to help all those
seeking IT education and application development training. Here's
the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign
up: <http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email
Scott Turton with questions at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
intelinfo-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(you will need to confirm)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
(no need to confirm)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html