Aug 2003 #1 Computer IT Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: "Scott Turton-intelligentedu.com" <intel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 14 Aug 2003 23:44:36 -0700

         Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

          *** ISSUE #36-1 - August 2003 ***
              1st edition for this month

              http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in early Sept., 2003 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter36-1.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... I.T. Sites and Free Downloads Worth Mentioning

8)... Question of the Month about Technical Training

9)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new subscribers!

This is the 1st edition of our August 2003 issue of our free
semi-monthly newsletter for Computer IT Education, Training, &
Tutorial Resources providing you with the latest Free online IT
Training Resources that we have recently discovered and
researched. This newsletter is free to anyone subscribing
(instructions at bottom, no username/password is needed). To
access our member site, however, you do need a user name and
password - registering as a member of Intelligentedu.com costs $10 for
two months, for more information please see below 'Become a
Member of Intelligentedu.com'.

My desire is that these free resources will help you with your
computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT
career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate
who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and
from a user's perspective.

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 42 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this
email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites
before our web site visitors do.

*** Current News ***

Please remember that our current newsletter issues are always
available in HTML format at these two URLs:

This issue, August #1:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news.html

Last Issue, July #2:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news-2.html

I wish you the best with your computer studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

EducationOnlineForComputers.com:
http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com

Our new software application and office training and tutorial
site, EducationOnlineForComputers.com, gives you Free access to
hundreds of Free Training and Tutorials covering Microsoft
Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and FrontPage. We also
provide you a member site for the best available online software
application training. You can sign up for the Free Newsletter
here:
http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com/optin_newsletter.html

"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power
 - With Free Online Computer Training!"

*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training. For short FAQ Answers, please see the end of
this newsletter.

The total price to join as a member is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

-> Here are Your 4 Rewards for Subscribing to this Newsletter <-

*** Free Online IT Training Materials for Subscribers***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Free Online Computer Training and Tutorial Resources***
Containing over 8,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government
agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a
coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book
will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to
receive your Free Copy:
http://intelinfo.hypermart.net/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip
(553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.

*** And here is your fourth reward for being our subscriber:
we'll show you how to get 50% more traffic to your site for free
- Click on this link to sign up at the best free traffic
generator on the web today: http://tinyurl.com/4i2x

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

Guide to choosing a Cheap Laptop:
http://www.cheap-laptop-and-used-laptop-review.com

This site, run by a friend of mine, offers advice on choosing
cheap laptops and provides tutorials on how to enhance them for
less. Build your own laptop gaming system, home mobile system,
wireless internet laptop etc. Decide between a brand name cheap
laptop, a refurbished laptop, and a used laptop.

Dr Dobb's TechNetcast:
http://technetcast.ddj.com/

Streaming media resources about software development and
information technologies covering the following:

  AI:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=700

  C++:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=108

  Computer History:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=175

  Dot-Net:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=1219

  Graphics & Game development:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=496

  Java:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=75

  Languages:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=65

  Linux:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=70

  Networking:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=949

  Open Source:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=81

  O.S. Design:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=137

  Perl:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=340

  Peer-to-Peer:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=1179

  Programming:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=103

  Robotics:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=633

  Security:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=502

  Software Development:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=513

  Web Services:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=1061

  Web Technologies:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=766

  XML:
  http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_catalog.html?item_id=122

Sosnoski Software Solutions:
http://www.sosnoski.com/site-map.html

Java training articles and learning presentations are offered
here, along with free, open source code. Articles include: XML
Parsing in Java, SAX2 Parsing Basics, XMLPull and Performance
Comparisons, Object Management Performance, Casting and
Collections Performance Presentations include: Java-XML SIG
Presentations, Apache Axis SOAP for Java Service, Java Classes to
Service Monitor, Live Demo Connecting to .NET Service Models, XML
Document Models Performance, XPath Tag Library,  EJB Web
Services, Java vs .NET, Java vs C, Java Performance Comparison
with C/C++ Timings, and Java Timing Presentation Slides.

O'Reilly's OnJava.com:
http://www.onjava.com/

Comprehensive developer reference and technical information and
resources, feature articles and tutorials covering enterprise
Java, JSP, Servlets, Tomcat,  EJB, JDBC, XML, JXT.

C++ Language and Library:
http://www.glenmccl.com/lang.htm

Topics covered are Namespaces, Stream I/O, Virtual Functions,
Templates, Use of Static, Mutable, Explicit, Standard Template
Library, Exception Handling, Placement New/Delete, Pointers to
Members and Functions, Type Identification, Dynamic Casts,
Explicit Template Argument Specification, Using Standard
Libraries, Operators new[] and delete[], C++ Character Sets, and
Allocators.

Best Practices for Programming in C:
http://tinyurl.com/jwj2

The appeal of the C Language has not warn off and it continues to
attract a large number of people. This article has been written
with the needs of the developer in mind. We have put together a
set of guidelines that have served us well as developers and
consultants over the years, and we offer these as suggestions
that may help you in your job.

Rex Swain's HTMLified Perl 5 Reference Guide:
http://virtual.park.uga.edu/humcomp/perl/perl5.html

This is an HTML version of the Perl 5 Desktop Reference guide.

Linux Reference Guide:
http://www.informit.com/topics/index.asp?st=%7B971003EB-CE19-47AB-9FF7-E50CE82FFABB%7D

The new informit.com Linux Reference Guide is a handy primer of
key Linux topics. New and veteran Linux users alike will find
these pages useful, and they're updated every week with new
information, including these:

  Getting Down to the Basics of Linux:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=7

  Which Distribution Should You Use?:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=22

  Filesystem versus File System?:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=30

  Let's Do a Linux Install!:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=35

  Networking with Linux:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=59

  Networking and Cooked Hookups:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=91

  Integrating Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X Local Area Networks:
  http://www.informit.com/guide/content.asp?guide=linux&seq_id=96

Virtual Memory Documentation For Linux 2.6:
"What to expect with the 2.6 VM":
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0306.3/1647.html

Mel Gorman posted a small document and explained, "I'm writing a
small paper on the 2.6 VM for a conference. It is based on 2.5.73
and is basically an introduction to some of the new features that
are up and coming.

A Course In the Unix Operating System:
http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/eiamjw/unix/

This course is intended to serve as a general introductory guide
to the Unix operating system, it was written to be given to
students for self-study. The course contains a series of
exercises, to be found at the end of most chapters, plus some
practice material inside the chapters. Chapters include: Logging
in and out, Unix filestore, Unix commands, Communications, File
permissions, Standard input and output, Regular expressions, vi
screen editor, Text formatting, and Shell programming.

Cigital Presentations:
http://www.cigital.com/presentations/

Cigital White Papers:
http://www.cigital.com/whitepapers/

This site offers free Presentations and White Papers on software
security, quality and testing topics and issues.

Carlo Simon:
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~simon/Lehre/SysAUebung0102/

Excellent training slides for application lifecycle development
and systems analysis.

Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design:
http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/valacich/

Full classroom slides are other resources are available here for
this book.

AMD Technical Documentation:
http://tinyurl.com/jyx8

  Processors:
  http://tinyurl.com/bsbw

  Flash Memory:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyxh

  Networking: Ethernet PHY:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyxj

  Networking: Ethernet Controller:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyxm

  Embedded Processors:
  http://www.amd.com/epd/techdocs/index.html

From Windows NT to Linux:
http://www.netikus.net/documents/winnt-to-linux.pdf

This 17 page document is for those wanting to move from Windows
to Linux. It covers the basic differences and serves as a quick
start for understanding Linux.

O'Reilly's OnDotnet.com:
http://www.ondotnet.com/dotnet/

Comprehensive developer reference and technical information and
resources, feature Articles and tutorials covering C#
programming, .NET Platform and Framework, Visual Basic.net,
ASP.net

A Programmer's Introduction to Visual Basic.Net:
http://www.iiitb.ac.in/Documents/DotNET/vbdotnet.pdf

This 223 page book is meant to give you a head start on the
changes from Visual Basic to Visual Basic.Net. It attempts to be
an introduction to the major differences between these 2
languages. It is targeted at current VB developers.

3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites:

Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books
page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and
some will be added to our members site.

IT Books:
http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/

  Teach Yourself CGI Programming with Perl in a Week:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/sams/books/009-6/

  Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML in 14 Days:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/sams/books/096-7/

  Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/samsbeta/books/030-4/

  Unix Unleashed:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/samsbeta/books/30402-3/

  Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 14 Days, Second Edition:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/samsbeta/books/30885-1/

  Perl 5 Quick Reference:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/que/developer_expert/perlqr/

  Running a Perfect Internet Site with Linux:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/que/et/intlinux/

  Java Quick Reference:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/que/et/java_qr/

  Java Books:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/e-Java/

  Unix Books:
  http://bookshelf.sleepnet.net/files/unixbook/

  Programming C#:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyzb

  Visual Basic 6 Black Book:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyze

  Visual Basic 6 Database How To:
  http://tinyurl.com/jyzg

Cybie's eBook Collection on CD:
http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/

This site has 152 online books, here are some of them:

  Teach Yourself C in 21 days:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/C_In_21_days/index.htm

  Teach Yourself Perl 5 in 21 days:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/Perl5_in_21_days/index.htm

  Java Unleashed:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/Junleashed/index.html

  Java By Example:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/KofeynyyPrimer/index.html

  Teach Yourself Oracle 8 In 21 Days:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/O8-3w/index.html

  Oracle Unleashed:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/Krikun/index.html

  Unix Unleashed, Internet Edition:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/UNIXi/index.html

  Unix Unleashed, System Administrator's Edition:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/UNIXs/index.html

  Linux System Administrator's Survival Guide:
  http://www.takeovertheworld.org/~jack/morebooks/LiSys/index.html

Free Linux and Unix Book Chapters from O'Reilly:
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/q/linux_chapters

Chapters here include these:
  Linux System Log Management and Monitoring
  Basic Shell Programming
  UML Activity Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams
  Red Hat and Debian Package Managers
  Managing & Using MySQL: Java
  NFS and NIS: Debugging Network Problems
  RAID on Linux: Planning and Architecture
  Perl Log Files
  Installing PostgreSQL
  Programming with Qt:Container Classes
  Linux TCP/IP and Upgrading Software and the Kernel
  Linux TCP/IP Firewall
  The Linux Ext2 and Ext3 Filesystems
  SAN Backup and Recovery

Free Networking Book Chapters from O'Reilly:
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/q/networking_chapters

Chapters here include these:
  802.11 Wireless Network Deployment
  Wireless Network Layout and Wireless Hacks
  Simple Network Management Protocol
  Cisco Debugging Access Lists
  DNS and BIND Security
  Ethernet: Multi-Segment Configuration Guidelines
  IP Routing: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
  The Structure of the IPv6 Protocol
  Email and LDAP
  The Next Generation Berkeley Spooler: LPRng
  Network Troubleshooting Path Characteristics
  Build and Install sendmail
  SSH (The Secure Shell) Case Studies and Configuration

GNU/Linux Desktop Survival by Graham J Williams:
http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/index.html

The aim of this book is to rapidly get you going with GNU/Linux
and to deliver a fun and productive environment. It guides you
through the many different regions of a GNU/Linux system with a
focus on getting your desktop environment to do what you want to
do. It is comprehensive with basic support for the user who
installs and maintains the system themselves (whether in the
home, office, club, or school). It provides insights and step-by-
step procedures that deal with specific tasks in setting your
system up and maintaining it.

Learning Perl the Hard Way:
http://www.greenteapress.com/perl/

This is a book for people who already know how to program in
another language, but don't know Perl; gets through the basics as
quickly as possible and into the fun stuff; emphasizes good
programming style; and brings object-oriented programming closer
to the center of focus.

Crystal Reports for .NET:
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/

Crystal Reports .NET is the only report writing tool that is
included with .NET. As a result, millions of programmers are
going to use it as their primary reporting solution. The Crystal
Reports books on the market address a few needs that .NET
developers have, but not enough to learn the tool properly.
Programmers need a resource that takes them from the basics of
report writing through the advanced topics of writing enterprise
level reports.

This book for professional Visual Studio and Web developers who
want to learn how to deliver enterprise-caliber reports in
Microsoft's .NET environment. (Free registration required for
full access.)

Microsoft Application Center 2000 Resource Kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/acs/reskit/appsrv2k.asp

All 14 chapters of this book about MS Application Center 2000 are
available free from Microsoft.

CGI For Commerce:
http://www.extropia.com/books/cgi_for_commerce/

This book was published about seven years ago and details
technologies that, while cutting-edge in their day, have become
partially outdated now. That said, there is a lot of interesting
and useful information contained here that might be fascinating
or valuable.

4) University Computer Science Course Sites
   Free to Browse and Study:

These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course
Webs page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat3.html

CMPSCI 653 Computer Networks:
http://www-net.cs.umass.edu/cs653-1997/

Computer Networking class notes, includes some with audio. Here
are the notes: http://www-net.cs.umass.edu/cs653-1997/notes/ and
here are the audio lessons: http://www-net.cs.umass.edu/cs653-
1997/listen.html

Introduction to UNIX System Administration:
http://www.techne.net/sysadmin

The materials for this class can be downloaded in a zip file,
they include the slides, exercises, and examples. Download is
here:
http://www.techne.net/sysadmin/sysadminClassFiles.zip

Machine Organization and Programming:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~cs354-1/

This course shows you how computers work below the HLL interface
down to the bare hardware where all programs and data are
sequences of zeros and ones, including control, communication,
memories, processors and I/O devices. Topics include number
systems, data representation, integer arithmetic, floating point
arithmetic, data structures, MAL and registers, procedures,
assembly, linking and loading, I/O, exception processing, and
features for performance.

CSC110H Course Resources:
http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~gstewart/

Slides on learning Java: Introduction, Overview of Java
Programming, Java Basics, Selection Statements, Loop Statements,
Using Classes, and Writing Classes.

COM 221 Software Engineering Practice:
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~helen/com221.html

Some good material on Lifecycle models, Requirements Analysis and
Documentation, Business Process Models, Inspections and Quality
Reviews, Overview of Design processes, Configuration Management,
Risk Analysis, and Test Management.

Module IS1004: Information Technology and Information Systems
Context:
http://www.docm.mmu.ac.uk/online/IT-IS-Context/
http://www.docm.mmu.ac.uk/online/IT-IS-Context/is14schd.htm

Excellent lectures that give students an understanding of the
range of business activities that are supported by Information
Systems and of the application of Information Technology in
Information Systems.

5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month
we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from
our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:

SAP Basis, ABAP Programming and Other IMG Stuff:
http://www.sap-img.com

The SAP R/3 contents for this site cover ABAP, BAPI, ALV
programming, SAPscripts, SmartForms, CATT, LSMW, DMS and other
IMG stuff like MM, LE, SD, PP, APO, WF, HU, PM, PS, QM, HR, FI,
CO, BW and BC.

Electronics Library:
http://www.electronics-ee.com

A Free website that the webmaster hopes will be useful to the
Electronics and Electrical engineering community.

Also, if you are serious in optics or electro optics, you can
link check out: http://www.optics2001.com

Mainframe Tutorials:
http://www.geocities.com/srcsinc

Here you can find the tutorials , and links to ibm and other
sites. This is a good website for learning Cobol, xpediter, JCL,
and Error codes.

USB Information Site:
http://www.usb-info.com
Facts, descriptions and information about USB -  Universial
Serial Bus

Round Cable Information:
http://www.round-cables.com
Pros and Cons for using Round IDE Cables.

DVI or Digital Video Interface:
http://www.dvi-cables-info.com
Information about DVI.

6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:

These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page
at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat6.html

Cheapskate's Guide to Guilt-Free Practice Questions:
http://certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=26

This page details a list of braindump-free practice exams
available for free on the Web. They are sorted first by
certification (so you can jump directly to the certs you're most
interested in), and then by the site's name.

Admin's Choice: Solaris and Unix Administration Resources:
http://www.adminschoice.com/

Contains articles and tutorials for Unix administration,
including DNS, NIS+, Checking and Repairing Files with fsch, and
Vi Quick Reference.

7) I.T. Sites and Free Downloads Worth Mentioning:

Here are the Top Ten Tips in several areas from Extremetech.com:

  Top Ten Networking Tips:

  Top Ten Linux Tips:

  Top Ten Gaming Tips:

  Top Ten Windows Tips:

  Top Ten Hardware Tips:

Gadwin Screen Capture:
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

This is one of the free screen capture utilities on the net. It
is straightforward and easy to use, you can make PrtScn the hot
key so you don't forget it, and it can name the output files
sequentially. (976KB)

PC Card Resource Directory:
http://www.pc-card.com/main.cfm

Comprehensive directory of PC card products.

8) Question of the Month about Technical Training:

Each month Scott Turton will answer a current or important
question that we have received about computer and IT training and
career development.

August 2003 Question of the Month #1:

What is a good free site that has lots of articles and guides to
choose from to learn about a variety of IT topics?

Answer:

You'll find dozens of free technical support and networking
articles from the huge PC Support Advisor technical support
library, here is the home page:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/

Here are a few of their IT tutorial articles:

Understanding RAID:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/t0914.htm

Understanding VPNs:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/t1841.htm

Understanding Frame Relay:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/c0480.htm

Understanding JavaScript Tutorial:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/t0526-2.htm

How to Repair Monitors:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/Troubleshooting_monitor_problems_page1.htm

TCP/IP Tutorial:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/c04100.htm

IPv6 Tutorial:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/IPv6_tutorial_page1.htm

Windows Registry Tutorial:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/e1209.htm

Understanding PHP:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/t1837.htm

OSI Reference Model Tutorial:
http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/OSI_7_layer_model_page1.htm

I hope this helps you.

Scott Turton
Web Master and Editor
http://www.intelligentedu.com

9) Please Support Our Training Mission

http://www.intelligentedu.com/support.html

How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission

Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and
Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below. By doing so, you
will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an
Information Technology career.

Newsletter Sponsors:

Please Visit One of Our Sponsors and request more information -
doing this enables us to bring you these great free computer and
IT training resources every month:

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults:
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

Free to Sell - The Ultimate eBook!
(lowest price on the web)
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_to_sell.html

Search for IT Training:
http://tinyurl.com/4133

Computer Colleges:
http://tinyurl.com/4132

American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your
convenience
http://wesac.com/clk/solfglurtmataftatz

Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting,
Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
http://gartum.com/clk/yadenibonkiryudaibon

Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources

http://www.intelligentedu.com/
Free I.T. Training Now!

A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web
site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many,
many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science
students and instructors and others seeking free training and
knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from
programming to systems administration to networking to the
internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and
I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides,
documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are
free technical training tutorials co-branded with
Beginners.uk.co. Check us out today.

Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked
are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are
expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices.
Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a
copyright notice is present.

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ Answers:

1. Over half of the web sites and pages in our members site are
not in the free section of our web site. The online training
resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much
more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will
save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.

2. If you use a credit card when joining, it will be billed by
Verotel. When your membership period expires, you will be asked
if you want to renew your membership, you will not be
automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.

3. You can also use PayPal to sign-up as a member of
Intelligentedu.com, just use this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/become_a_member.html>. If you
register to pay $10.00 (for 2 months access) via PayPal using
this method, simply tell us in the 'Special Instructions' what
you want for your user name and password.

4. If your country is not listed in the drop-down list, please
use 2checkout.com to register as an intelligentedu.com site member
using this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/intelinfo_member.html>. I will
then send you an email asking what you would like to use for your
user name and password.

5. If you are looking for training and tutorials covering popular
software such as Microsoft Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
Web Development, Windows and Computer Hardware, please see our
sister site, http://www.EducationOnlineForComputers.com

The total price to join our member's site is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months, or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email
Scott Turton with questions at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will give you 8 great Free Bonuses when you sign up now.
These are as follows:
1. A Comprehensive 47-page IT Glossary
2. How To Understand Windows Error Messages program
3. 105 Great Totally Free Utility Programs
4. A Bug Tracking Access
5. The Four Best IT Salary Calculator/Wizard sites
6. 12 Great Web Resources for Learning the Best Methods
    to Study and Take Tests
7. Six Great e-Books (a $120 value) to help you Make Money
    using the Internet
8. Five extra bonus IT resource sites that are the best from
    our "worth mentioning" newsletter section

Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
intelinfo-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You will need to reply to a confirming email.)

Or go to this web page and use the subscribe form:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
(no need to confirm)

Or go to this web page and use the unsubscribe form:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

Thank You!