[infotech] Re: Ebooks.

  • From: "Petrina Delves" <aunk99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:31:10 +0100

Hi James,

They have quite a range of books in fiction an non fiction. And yes I do agree with you that you often find on these sites, books and authors, that you have never heard of. But I did come across some books by Stephen King, and Terry Pratchett. But if you are like me and will read every think and anything, then they are great places, to look for books, that you can't get from nlb or tb. The file formats they use are,
Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
Microsoft Reader (LIT)
Palm Doc (PDB)
Rocket/REB1100 (RB)
Franklin eBookMan (FUB)
hiebook (KML)
iSilo (PDB)
Mobipocket (PRC)
OEBFF Full VGA (IMP)

OEBFF Half VGA (IMP).
The one I use is Microsoft Reader (LIT) and I use a program called doc tools, to convert them to text files. I have not been using the site for very long, but so far I have had no problems, with the site or the files.
All the best
Petrina,
----- Original Message ----- From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>