[infotech] Re: CSUN coverage

  • From: "Paul Leake" <paul.leake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:32:33 -0000

sounds an interesting synopsis Brian.

Cheers

Paul

paul.leake@xxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Hartgen" <Brian.Hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:02 PM
Subject: [infotech] CSUN coverage

Hi

You will be glad to know that we have a fantastic edition of Infotech
planned for March and April 2009.  It may be a couple of weeks before we
get it to you due to heavy work commitments I have when I get back from
L A, but I am sure you are going to enjoy it.

I won't list all the things we have, but here is just a taster.

First, Scott and I discuss our thoughts of CSUN 2009 and in particular,
we take you through some of the upcoming presentations and give some of
our views upon them.

Scott has been busy recording some of the presentations which took place
and the audio quality of them is excellent.  They include:

The JAWS presentation from Freedom Scientific.

Pac Mate Omni, again from Freedom Scientific, with a focus upon the new
StreetTalk VIP GPS solution.

GPS from the Sendero Group.

Duelling Operating Systems, where challenges are given to three people
representing computer operating systems and how the operating systems
are used with screen-readers.

Duelling scripting, where the scripting access of Window-Eyes, Hal and
NVDA are challenged.

Dolphin Computer Access unveil version 11 of Hal and Supernova.

In terms of interviews, there are some short interviews and some in
depth items.

Item with Perkins relating to the new Perkins Brailler.

GW Micro tell us about the new Book Sense portable media player.  This
also contains supplementary comments from me.

Dancing Dots.  While Infotech has contained an in depth review and
demonstration of Sonar/CakeTalking in the past, we have never talked
about all of the Dancing Dots product range. We have an in depth
interview with Bill McCann who demonstrates them and talks about who
would require each product.

We have an in depth interview with Mike Calvo from Serotek who tells us
about the latest developments regarding System access.

Finally, we have an in depth interview with Jonathan Mosen of Freedom
Scientific.  We talk about the latest happenings surrounding JAWS,
MAGic, OpenBook and of course spend time discussing the new StreetTalk
VIP GPS solution for the Pac Mate.  In particular, we talk about the
length of time between StreetTalk releases, why there initially appeared
to be some "bad feeling" among the blind community towards the new
product on some of the Email lists, and whether Freedom Scientific
intend to provide an appropriate carry case for the Pac Mate.

Outside of the CSUN scope, I have almost completed an article regarding
Social Networking, particularly using Facebook and Twitter.  One of us
will probably also review the Victor Reader Stream new firmware 3.0,
which we are already very familiar with and can talk about that at some
length.

So you will have at least 10 hours of content I would think in total.
That is the equivalent of 6 or 7 months worth of magazines, so does that
mean we don't have to produce anything until Christmas (smile).

We will let you know nearer the time when you can expect the magazine.

Brian Hartgen
Product Development Manager
Freedom Scientific approved script writer
Dolphin Computer Access approved script writer

T&T Consultancy Ltd

Advantage House
Trentham Business Quarter
Bellringer Road
Trentham
Stoke-On-Trent
ST4 8GB

Tel:  01782 644141

Fax: 01782 645135

Web Site, www.tandt-consultancy.com

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete the email and any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy
Ltd have made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail messages.
Registered in England No. 4098268

To contact the list owners, please send a message to
brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list, please send a message to
infotech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word
unsubscribe
in the subject line.