[infotech] A new iPhone article for Infotech

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <Brian.Hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:39:21 -0000

Hi everyone!

Well in the last edition of Infotech, Terry gave us a tremendous
presentation relating to the differences between the iPhone 4 and 4S,
with a couple of other small items thrown in.

One of the articles in the upcoming edition I will be presenting relates
to using some iPhone apps.  Again, Terry delivered a good presentation
some months ago now, possibly about a year ago. But there are thousands
of apps available, so it makes sense that we do this once in a while. I
know I've really come to appreciate some of the great things the iPhone
can do, not just for leisure purposes but also for daily living tasks
too that we as blind people may need.

I have some apps I would like to tell you about, but it would be
interesting to hear those which you find useful also.  I'd like to focus
away from radio listening if we could please, (with the exception of bBC
iPlayer which I will discuss), but pretty much anything else goes. So,
if you have some apps which you have found to be particularly
accessible, I'll try and include them. Please write to me at

Brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks very much, and more news on the upcoming edition quite soon!

Brian Hartgen

Product Development Manager

Freedom Scientific approved script writer

Dolphin Computer Access approved script writer

T&T Consultancy Ltd

Advantage House

Trentham Business Quarter

Bellringer Road

Trentham

Stoke-On-Trent

ST4 8GB

Tel:  01782 644141

Fax: 01782 645135

Web Site, www.tandt-consultancy.com

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete the email and any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy
Ltd have made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail messages.

Registered in England No. 4098268