[infoshare] Re: audio of our voting experience

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:53:47 -0500

I went through the process of voting on the BMD, only to have the machine jam when printing out my ballot. The poll worker had to go into the machine to retrieve the ballot. He then looked at it and told me that everything had been printed and marked except for the proposal, which was to be printed on the other side of the ballot. He apologized for looking but said he wanted to prevent me from having to redo the whole thing, only to possibly have the same thing happen with the printer. So, essentially, my vote wasn't private in the end. How very disappointing this was. In truth, of course, I don't even really know for sure that anything got printed. Not that it matters so much now anyway, really, since Obama won. Yaaay!

Rachel