[imiaoswg] Re: Portal software

  • From: Tim Cook <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: imiaoswg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Dec 2003 08:23:03 -0800

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 07:41, Peter Murray wrote:
> One question addressed to the more technically minded, if anyone can answer:
> - is it possible to run two different portals from one installation of, for
> example, PHPNuke (or other CMS system)? - if so, does it just need two
> different MySQL databases? -  or do you need to do a full installation of
> PhPNuke etc every time?

I have no idea how PHPNuke would handle this (I would assume in a
similar manner) but with Zope you can have multiple instances of Plone
(or other portal/CMF folders) in one installation and front-end the
whole thing with Apache to do the Virtual Hosting.  You may want to
review these sites: http://zope.org/Resources/ZSP some may have special
deals (free?) for  organizations like IMIA.  These folks have a great
FAQ to get you started: http://www.zettai.net/faq/DomainMapping/view#c7

HTH,
--
Tim Cook (President, Open Paradigms,LLC) <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Public Key - 1024D/9ACDB673 available from: