[imiaoswg] IMIA OSWG/OSNI - Free/libre and open source at MIE2005

  • From: Peter Murray <imia.ukrep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: imiaoswg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:09:54 +0000

  The IMIA Open Source Working Group and IMIA-NI Open Source Nursing
Informatics Working Group are exploring the possibility of holding a
working conference (or similar) immediately following MIE2005 in Geneva,
Switzerland in early September 2005.

Some of you will recall that I originally sent out an email in late
October 2004 to gain an idea of interest in this. I only had 4-5
replies, which makes me think that, if there is not a greater degree of
interest, then it is not worth putting in the effort to try and organise
such an event.

Now that we are in 2005, and people's minds may be focusing more on the
reality of what events they might attend, I would like again to try and
get an idea of interest in holding such an event – and in who might be
willing to help in its organisation. At present, ideas are very fluid
and open to change as to whether it is a working meeting only, or has
presentation of papers and posters, etc.

I would be grateful if you would complete the following short
questionnaire and return it to me by email as soon as possible – please
return to peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and not
to the list.

Regards, Peter Murray